• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics not loading fonts correctly after update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated from Premiere/MediaEcoder/After Effects CC 2018 to CC 2019. Had been running with little issue for several days, until I opened a previous project (CC 2018 based project file) that had essential graphics that I made on the timeline.

The graphics were all displaying the wrong font and despite my best efforts to resolve the issue, I wasn't able to find a way to force it to show the correct font. I didn't want to re-do all the graphics as there was a large number of them...would have taken a while. Here are a few notes that may be helpful in finding a solution.

• Tried re-importing the essential graphics template into Premiere and overwriting the file that was there.
  • Tried re-exporting the essential graphics files out of After Effects CC 2019 and then re-importing them into Premiere
  • Tried revealing in the project, making offline, and re-linking
  • Tried deleting Media Cache Files
  • If I drag in a new graphic from the EG panel, the font is correct. The only graphics displaying the wrong font were already in the timeline.
  • The EG templates I made DID NOT have the option to change the font, as they were never intended to have a different font type.

The only way I was able to get around it was to open Premiere CC 2018 and make the changes I needed there. Seems odd that CC 2019 can decipher the EG template if I make a new one, but cannot interpret them if they are already in the timeline. Other than this one issue nothing else in the sequence was off.

Is there a way to reload the essential graphics that I am not aware of? Is there a workaround that I didn't try?

Specs:

Windows 10 - 64-bit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 - V.13

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

We have successfully confirmed and reproduced this problem at Adobe. We are working on getting a fix out as soon as we can. Our testing shows that the problem occurs for any AE 15 or 15.1 mogrt which uses a text layer directly (as opposed to forwarding the text via expression). When loaded in Pr 13.0, the font gets lost and is replaced by the default. As a temporary workaround, the mogrt can be re-exported from AE 16 and it will work correctly. But, as I said, we will try to get a patch out as s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi travisfpwmedia,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please confirm if any Adobe fonts (Typekit fonts) were used in the motion graphics templates.

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue after updating all of my cc programs.

Is it no longer possible to use custom fonts (fonts outside of Adobe Fonts) in motion graphics templates in Premier Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font I am using is not in Adobe Typekit (not where I had originally used it from at least), but the graphics template still works...but only if I am dragging a new one into my timeline. The essential graphics that were previously in the timeline are the ones that are not working. If it was just one or two graphics I would just replace them, however, it's quite a bit more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumeet, I am having the same problem with a mogrt made with CC17 and yes, it's using a typekit font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello am facing kinda of the same issue. I currently have premiere pro and after effects 2018 installed on my pc but anytime I Drag an installed mogrt in premiere pro timeline I get this error..

Of which I am normally able to edit same mogrt before untill recently that i clean up space in my system.Am afraid I've deleted a file or something that makes premiere unable to recognize after effects 15.1 on my system??

Will be glad for an answer

tmp-cam-684347441.jpg

tmp-cam-313250436.jpg

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travis. Thank you for letting us know about this. We'd like to get it resolved for you and other users as quickly as possible. To help with that, could you please send me:
(1) A simple prproj which repro's the problem
(2) The media I need to open that project
For example, if the project contains a Graphic from an ae mogrt, I will need the .aegraphic file which was imported to the project when the mogrt was applied. You should be able to find that by right clicking on the thing in the Project panel and choosing "Reveal in Finder/Explorer"

You don't need to fing and send the fonts necessarily because we can usually see what's missing in the Resolve Fonts dialog when we open the project.  A simple project is the best thing to start with. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having the same issue and have compiled exactly what you asked for.  When you open the project you will see a segment of a recent project I worked on and what the motion graphic template looks like now.  Above that in the timeline you will see a disabled clip which is what it should look like.  How should I send this to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

First question: Does the font that is getting substituted still show up in the Font menu in the EGP, or is it missing from that list?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem as the OP.

I can confirm that the font getting substituted, does show up in the EG-panel.

(However, all my graphics - as well as the OP's - were made in After Effects, without the option to switch fonts, so it doesn't solve the issue.)

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry for the issues you are seeing and thank you for raising it to us. I know you mentioned that re-exporting out of 2019 did not resolve it, but I'm curious if you could try it via the Native Open Mogrt pathways as this seems to be resolving the issues in our tests.

Would you mind trying a workaround for me to see if we can at least temporarily resolve your issue?

1. Launch the latest version of AE (16.0)

2. Go to Menu Bar and select File > Open

3. Choose your Mogrt

4. You will be prompted to select a folder to unpack the Mogrt to, please choose your location on disk

5. This will open the .AEP up

6. Open the Essential Graphics Panel and re-export the Mogrt. (save to Local Templates Folder)

7. Launch PR and add the newly exported Mogrt to a sequence

We have had success with the correct font displaying when re-exported from the most recent release of AE. Lemme know if you see the results that you need to move forward.
Hope this helps,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem but followed your instructions and it worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!! So happy to hear that! ANNNND as Mike said the new patch is out and ready for you!

If you don't see the update for 13.0.1 in your CC App, use the hamburger menu and select "Check for App Updates" to trigger the availability of the new version. Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.36.25 PM.png

I do want to note that this will resolve issue for Mogrts made in older versions of AE, except for Mogrts that require Dynamic Link. After Effects did not release an emergency patch in tandem so those will be resolved in the next patch.

Thank you for all of your patience!

Cheers,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to export a .mogrt from AE 16 that will work in Premiere 12.1? I am working with another department who is unable to update their premiere (they are still on Win 7)  at this time, I am hoping to build compatible mogrt files for them, rather then having to render out files every time they need a graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have successfully confirmed and reproduced this problem at Adobe. We are working on getting a fix out as soon as we can. Our testing shows that the problem occurs for any AE 15 or 15.1 mogrt which uses a text layer directly (as opposed to forwarding the text via expression). When loaded in Pr 13.0, the font gets lost and is replaced by the default. As a temporary workaround, the mogrt can be re-exported from AE 16 and it will work correctly. But, as I said, we will try to get a patch out as soon as possible to fix the problem for real.

Sorry about all of the inconvenience and thanks for the help identifying the problem.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To repeat the original post and responses. 

My Essential Graphics templates come up with the wrong font when added to sequences in PP 2019 and cannot be edited to change the correct font.

I re-exported the 40 Essential Graphics templates from AE 2019.  They were originally created and exported from AE 2018.

When opened in PP they are refusing to be allowed to be dragged on to my sequences.

I have REVERTED to AE 2018 & PP 2018. In a facility with 4 Premiere Pro seats working on a daily television show this has quickly become a major headache.

Thanks Mike Berry for getting involved in this thread.  I appreciate that your team is working on a patch, so can you give us an ETA on the fix?   Not a small problem in our workflow.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard -

I can't give you an exact date but it will hopefully be soon.

As for the issue with the AE 2019 mogrts, that is something different and I would like to know more. Can you share one of the mogrts, as well as a screen shot of you trying to drop it on a timeline?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi genuinerichard​,

The re-export from AE 2019 should solve the font issue, but they will only work in PR 2019. They are forward but not backwards compatible as we add more features every release that older versions can't support. Is it possible that you are running PR 2018? That would be my first guess as to why you're getting the when trying to add them to a sequence.

If you ARE in 2019 and they are still not allowed on the timeline, can you please share one of them so we can help investigate?

Thanks so much,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dacia,

Th first time I tried to drop one of the re-exported (from AE 2019) Essential Graphics templates onto a PP 2019 timeline it would not allow me to do so. I was trying to put the template onto v2 over a video clip on v1. I bailed on further attempts due to the tight deadlines my team work under. Little time for messing about.

The next day I had a few minutes and tried again. This template wouldn’t stick to v2, BUT for some reason worked on v3. Very odd behaviour, but I have witnessed strange behaviours with the templates before. I had to cut short the experiment again.

A day later I tried again and was able to put the template into my sequence. Before switching my whole team over, I need to confirm that the AE2019 templates work consistently in PP2019. I will try to squeeze in some more testing and report back with my results.

Richard

Richard Millen

Video Editor

richard@editorialfreedom.ca<mailto:richard@editorialfreedom.ca>

www.linkedin.com/in/richardmillen<http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardmillen>

www.editorialfreedom.ca<http://www.editorialfreedom.ca>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is such strange behavior, Richard! So sorry you're encountering these hurdles on deadline too! Thats super frustrating. I'm going to email you directly and if you wouldn't mind sharing your Mogrts with me via that channel, then I will see if I can reproduce the issue on my end.

Thanks so much for your patience,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SportLogoLoop.jpeg

SportsLoop2.jpeg

After exporting from UPDATED AE into our UPDATED PR, we are still getting a stall on import from the EG window.

Any reports we can run to help you see what is happening here? Seems to be a common problem for designers who have updated CC19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For S&G's, we thought we'd grab MOGRT from CC from the 'FREE' vault ... still no dice. Locks the program and stalls.

DEAD IN THE WATER is how this can be described ... All of our templates created for this fiscal year are rendered useless until a patch is created for CC19.

Only workaround is to start from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so frustrating for sure and I apologize again for the inconvenience. While I can't disclose the date of the patch, it is coming ASAP.
In terms of your issue with not being able to even add the Free AE Mogrts, I'm not able to reproduce that issue on either Windows or Mac with PR 2019 installed. 

Does the Mogrt ever load or does it just stall out at 15%?

Would you mind sharing your project with me?

And lastly, can you please give me a few more details about what kind of system you're on?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Equally invested in a quick response/patch to this frustrating issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines