• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics not loading fonts correctly after update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated from Premiere/MediaEcoder/After Effects CC 2018 to CC 2019. Had been running with little issue for several days, until I opened a previous project (CC 2018 based project file) that had essential graphics that I made on the timeline.

The graphics were all displaying the wrong font and despite my best efforts to resolve the issue, I wasn't able to find a way to force it to show the correct font. I didn't want to re-do all the graphics as there was a large number of them...would have taken a while. Here are a few notes that may be helpful in finding a solution.

• Tried re-importing the essential graphics template into Premiere and overwriting the file that was there.
  • Tried re-exporting the essential graphics files out of After Effects CC 2019 and then re-importing them into Premiere
  • Tried revealing in the project, making offline, and re-linking
  • Tried deleting Media Cache Files
  • If I drag in a new graphic from the EG panel, the font is correct. The only graphics displaying the wrong font were already in the timeline.
  • The EG templates I made DID NOT have the option to change the font, as they were never intended to have a different font type.

The only way I was able to get around it was to open Premiere CC 2018 and make the changes I needed there. Seems odd that CC 2019 can decipher the EG template if I make a new one, but cannot interpret them if they are already in the timeline. Other than this one issue nothing else in the sequence was off.

Is there a way to reload the essential graphics that I am not aware of? Is there a workaround that I didn't try?

Specs:

Windows 10 - 64-bit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 - V.13

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

We have successfully confirmed and reproduced this problem at Adobe. We are working on getting a fix out as soon as we can. Our testing shows that the problem occurs for any AE 15 or 15.1 mogrt which uses a text layer directly (as opposed to forwarding the text via expression). When loaded in Pr 13.0, the font gets lost and is replaced by the default. As a temporary workaround, the mogrt can be re-exported from AE 16 and it will work correctly. But, as I said, we will try to get a patch out as s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We released Pr 13.0.1 last night which should fix the original poster's problem. 15.0 and 15.1 mogrts should load their fonts correctly in 13.0.1.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've read the posts on there and it looks like we still have a similar problem, I might be wrong but i'm no expert on After Effects so apologies in advance if this has been mentioned.

One of our machines has recently updated to Mac OSX 10.14.1 we installed the most recent updates of Premier 13.0.1 and After Effects 16.0.

We had issues using the essential graphics which have been made for us. The first issue was the incorrect font was being used (Font again is as own font) It would not default to the required font.

We have had to resort to using Premier 11.1.4 and After Effects 14.2.2. as a work around? Will there be an update or have I missed something out?

We have no issue running Premier 12.1.12 and After Effects 16.0 on another machine.

Machine (Mid 2010)

2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

24 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

If anyone could provide some light and assistance that would be great.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

If your mogrts were made with AE 14.2, then they require dynamic link. That means that you need to wait for the AE 16.0.1 release to get the font fix. That has not been released yet but will be coming.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. Upon adding a mogrt in the Premiere timeline it freezes at 15 % in the "Loading Motion Graphics Template.." box, and then crashes after about five minutes with the message "To use this Motion Graphics template in Premiere Pro, please install After Effects 2019.0 (trial or licence) and retry. Learn more: adobe.com/go/mgt"

I'm running Premiere Pro CC version 13.0.1 and After Effects version 16.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aleksander,

Can you please send me the Mogrts that you are seeing these issues with so I can investigate further?

Thanks,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dacia,

It seems the native Adobe mogrts are working just fine. But most of the mogrts I bought from Motion Array is getting the error message. They worked just fine with the last version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue, I originally made the Essential Graphics template in an older version (2017?) and my fonts are now defaulting in Premier Pro 2019. When I open the original AE file used to create the template in AE 2019, and have the correct fonts installed it looks correct. I tried adding a font selector to the properties and exported a new mogrt from AE2019.. but when I get it back into Premiere, I still getting the default font, and not seeing the ability to edit the font properties.  I tried one of the methods above (open the mogrt file in AE and re-export) but was getting a bunch of errors (looked like mainly one effect plugin error (CC Radial Fast Blur))

For now I'm just having to pre-render each version from AE as a temporary work around, 'cause I have deadlines to meet.

Looking forward to having a fix for this soon, I made a lot of Motion Graphics Templates in 2017 and would like them to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any news regarding this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on "finding a solution"??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5t3v3  wrote

There are a lot of different problems listed in this thread. I am not sure which one(s) were being asked about today and yesterday. Can you please explain what the problem is you are currently experiencing, and which version of PrPro you are running? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but never mind. I updated to a new version of PR and the motion graphics problem was fixed. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only one font is displayed, help!!!!01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear not 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

olh,

Is this a graphic you've created, or a mogrt you acquired somewhere, or an "included" mogrt from the Essential Graphics Panel?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before the upgrade everything worked, the font could be different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olh,

To repeat ... is this a graphic you've created, or a mogrt you acquired somewhere, or an "included" mogrt from the Essential Graphics Panel?

I asked those because the answers could be helpful to solving the problem.

Also ... if you create a new graphic in the EGP, can you change fonts, or is that the only font showing in this project?

And if you start a new project, with a different mogrt, can you change the fonts?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far with this solution? I upgraded to 2019 and the problem is still there. It loads one font forn everything, whether Custom or ibuilt essential graphics 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well, and none of the work arounds seem to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Becky. I think I found a work around. Give it a try and see if it works for you aswell. I installed Creative Cloud Desktop app. It seems to pull the fonts into the app. Keep machine connected to internet while you run premiere pro, or after effects, the fonts should sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with fonts Manualy installed and reinstalled few times and same warning window at start Premiere Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-29 o 12.50.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the samt problem.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines