Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Animated .GIF + Alpha channel

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I'm looking for the easiest and quickest way to export an animated .gif from my video on Premiere,

but keeping the alpha channel / transparency.

I can't do it directly with premiere. I need to import my video (.flv, .avi 32bits, .mov 32bits) on Photoshop, then export for web (thank you, you kept this option... sincerely, with do you want to move it as an option ? to remove it next time ?).

But because it's photoshop, there are some limitations (duration, format, codec).

Any other possibility ?

Thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shocking support. In 3 years, nobody can respond?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can export a gif with an alpha channel directly from Premiere. I haven't really done it, but my guess is that you're going to want to export your sequence as a video with alpha from either Premiere or After Effects, and then go through the gif-making process in Photoshop (export for web, etc.)

There may be other apps/plugins that can do it as well. In general I've found other gifmaking software to be a better overall experience for gifmaking than trying to do it directly from Premiere, but I'm by no means a regular gif-maker, and again-I haven't done them with an alpha channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe- Support is the worst Support i've ever worked with - actually I am aksing myself the same question.. (Export GIF with Alpha)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines