• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export freezing on Premiere Pro 2022.3. (MacOS)

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-opened an old project on the most recent update of Premiere Pro, and am having a terrible time exporting it. The basic problem is: Both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder freeze at exactly the same frame during the export, and need to be force-quit. It's 100% repeatable.

The frame on which it freezes is the frame before the start of a third-party transition (BCC Cross Melt), but that exact same transition is used throughout the movie, and prior instances of it are exported correctly.

I have, so far, tried exporting a small range around the problematic area, and that works fine. I have also deleted and reapplied the transition at that cut point, and that does not solve the problem.

Thoughts on next steps for troubleshooting?

[Edited version typo:mod]

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the 22.3.1 update of Premiere and Media Encoder fixes this issue. *pfew*!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. Disastrous. I'm trying to export a 60-minute interview, but it always freezes when exporting, at the point when 63% is exported. Then the app crashes. I look at the folder it is meant to export to, and it shows up as 30-minutes long. Therefore, half of the interview is exported. What can we do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upgrading to the lastest Premiere fixed the problem for me; give that a try first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines