• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Motion Graphics Template Grayed Out

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be unable to save my intro sequence as a template; I've made sure that the sequence is selected, but the option to export remains grayed out. I'd LOVE not to have to recreate this every time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

From the screenshot you posted, I only see video clips, and no titles. There must be at least one title to enable the Export to Motion Graphics Template export option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the graphics clip itself selected? I have this happen occasionally ... but only when I've forgotten to select the graphics clip itself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've selected it so that it turns gray. Then when I go up to Graphics, the option to export is grayed out. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate this except by selecting something that is not a title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh noooo....so I have to recreate my intro every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, super annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you have a graphic clip created by the EGP, you click on that graphic, and don't have the option to export as motion graphics template?

How about dropping a screen grab in your reply box?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the screenshot you posted, I only see video clips, and no titles. There must be at least one title to enable the Export to Motion Graphics Template export option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screen grab from mine:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your title done in Premiere or in After Effects. From the screenshot, I suspect a mogrt made in AE, which you can't export as a mogrt from Premiere sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grayed out.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey LeahW29 – Let's add your .mogrt to AE! With After Effects open, use File > Open Project to open your Finder and select the .mogrt file you want to work with. Then use the toolbar at the top to go to Window > Essential Graphics to see all the controls for your .mogrt.

Let us know if this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also having this same issue, Everything started working from using Graphic Workspace.
Following tutorials helped me.(NOT A SPAM)

1. Basics : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0lKZhcr_mQ

2. Animation :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8fjEIbvNY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vids didn't solve issue. However, I did lean alot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I purchased some motion graphic templates from Adobe Stock, which I edited, and now I want to export my edited version of the MOGRT files. When I select the sequence in my timeline, I am unable to select "export as a motion graphic template."

Has anyone had any luck in fuguring this out?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever figure this out? I currently have the same issue. Bought a stock template from Adobe, edited it to the style of my videos, went to export it, and it is grayed out for export. I don't want to have to do this every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a typical purchased from stock mogrt, with user controls and such, you would probably need to do that editing of it in AfterEffects, and then you can export it as a new mogrt.

I don't think Pr allows changing of the parameter panels and such.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting this. I see the answer is to add a title but the only thing I see is legacy title and I'm getting the same greyed out "Export to Motion Graphics Template eport option. Did I add the title correctly? I see a lot of people with this problem but not many answers. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Sorry. Did you click with the "T" tool in the Program Monitor? That gets a title started that you can eventually save as a .mogrt (Motion Graphics Template file). Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Kevin.

I have one of the free Adobe Stock assets called Gradient Swirl Logo Reveal and put my logo into it. That's what I'm trying to export as a motion graphics template file. I did click the T tool but it just brought up a text cursor. 

Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie at this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

Are you in the Graphics workspace? If not, you sholud be for graphics/title work now.

One thing that is crucial here, that so many don't know at first: those mogrts that come with options like this one does? That don't have the "normal" edit controls?

RNeilHaugen_0-1644279741446.png

That above mogrt you are using was clearly made in AfterEffects, see that you don't have the normal Edit tab options for elements of the graphic that you have on the one below?

RNeilHaugen_1-1644279877241.png

If the mogrt comes from AfterEffects, you need to open it in Ae, save the changes, and export from Ae as a mogrt. You can't re-save Ae-created mogrts from Premiere, it doesn't have the exact same bits to process them.

And the way you tell is by looking at the Edit tab. The top image here has only those specific paramaters given to the user by the creator ... in AfterEffects.

The bottom mogrt was created in Premiere, and has all the 'normal' Edit tab controls for size, placing, motion, font, colors & etc. You can create a mogrt in Premiere, save it. Make changes, and still be able to save it as a mogrt.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this to me Neil.

Appreciate it.

I'll try my hand at creating it in AfterEffects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem - and I am still not able to export it as a new mogrt when I've edited it. It's just grayed out 😞 

Can I do anything? I downloaded different essential graphic templates and want to edit them with the right font and colour -  so that I don't have to do it every time I have to use it 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem - and I am still not able to export it as a new mogrt when I've edited it. It's just grayed out 

Skærmbillede 2024-04-15 142931.png

Can I do anything? I downloaded different essential graphic templates and want to edit them with the right font and colour -  so that I don't have to do it every time I have to use it ðŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the Carson Petty in the top of the EGP setup, then you should be able to set the lower sections for that specific  field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines