Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multiple sequences at once?

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 to edit about 1400 short (around 10sec each) videos in .avi format.

I have to reduce the speed of each video to 75% and then export every single one again. I have been able to import and slow down all the videos at once, but now I cannot find a way to export them all reasonably fast. When I import the single clips at once, they are all put into one sequence in one project.

I can only access "Export --> Media" if i export one of those videos at a time. If I choose more than one video to export, I can only access export via AAF or Final Cut Pro.

As Premiere Pro doesn't do .avi formats, I want the videos to be in Quick time format (.mov).

I have found a way to put them into the Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5, so I can let the Encoder run the export (so I dont have to wait around for 1400 videos to finish). The problem is that I have to export every video on its own into the Encoder as well. This takes a lot of time, so I hope that someone can help me. Is it possible to export multiple clips at once (either over Premiere Pro or Media Encoder)?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

I don't know an easy or automated way..

<waving hand> Ooh, ooh! I do!

Of course, this assumes you have something that you didn't mention, but I'll operate on the assumption that you do: After Effects. Note that I can't fully test this on CS5.5, as I don't have the suite, but it *mostly* works in CS5. From what I know of CS5.5, though, this should work even better in several regards. Ready? Here goes...

1. Assuming you have all of your clips in Premiere, and that you've already interpreted them to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted copying the clips (after adjusting speed/duration) into after effects, but it did not retain the speed changes.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm responding only because I searched to do a batch of about 40 clips from Premiere, and instead of doing Export on each of them, I found a far easier way.

Open Adobe Media Encoder.

Open Premiere.

Drag all of your sequences from Premiere to Adobe Media Encoder. Give it some time to think and all of the clips will be ready to encode. You can select all to change all of their formats and save locations at once.

I hope this helps someone like it did me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...How do you change the SAVE LOCATIONS at once? Even when I have them all selected, it will only change one location...

Also, does anyone know why AME USED to allow you to import multiple sequences natively, but doesn't now?!?!?!  The only way to do it now that I can see is to drag comps or sequences from one app onto AME. ...whatever happened to just opening AME, selecting the project file containing all your comps/sequences, and manually selecting them all? It all stopped after one of the CS5 or 5.5 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you using, Dragonspear? In CC, if you click the Output Path column

for any of a batch of selected outputs, the path you set will be applied to all of them.

I also confirmed that in CC multiple sequences can be imported from a given project. Just double-click in the Queue or go File>Add Premiere Pro Sequence. Then browse to your project, double-click it, and select as many sequences as you like. All will be added to the Queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest update of cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These new features only work in CC.  CS6 is pretty much feature locked and likely won't change at all in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragonspear​,

in CS 5.5 you can change the default file output locations in Media Encoder, I would assume this works in CS6 too. Head over to Media Encoder Preferences - General, in the Output section, tick the box that says "Specify File output Location".

When done, every clip you drag into Media Encoder will save to that location. Clips already in the queue are not affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just came across this and it is old, but there is a much easier way for CS5 at least.  Open Media Encoder and Premiere Pro.  In Media Encoder go to File Add Premiere Pro Sequence.   You will then need to specify the path on your computer and the project name where those sequences are.  You can then highlight all the ones you want and then hit enter.  It will import them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines