• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Export took 12 hours for 50 minute video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've looked through a few previous feeds on this topic. 

It took 12 hours to export my latest video. I have checked the spec on my laptop which is brand new.

Specs

HP 15s-eq2510sa

Windows 11

RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 512 GB SSD

- AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor

- Octa-core

- 1.8 GHz / 4.3 GHz

- 8 MB L3 cache.

What am I missing or is there any other reason why it's taking so long?

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few questions 
How long is the video you're exporting?
What compression settings are you using (particularly bit rate)? How big is the exported file?

What type of effects do you have on the video? Some effects can slow down the rendering process.

There are quite a few videos on maximising the rendering speed, like the one below.  What have you tried so far?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01_wGEWX_PI 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dean,

Here is a screenshot of the Output settings. The video is 56 mins long with 3 seprate text brackets, one background image and a YouTube subscribe clips overlayed a few times throughout the video

Screenshot_20221006_105849.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your encoding settings don't look too demanding and the project doesn't sound overly complex. You're also using hardware encoding that would be faster than sofware encoding. 

As Richard menioned, you are lowish on the RAM side - at the minimum as reccomended.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html 
Are the files all on your local hard drive and the rendered file is to the local hard drive too?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some other tips
* Follow the power advice of Richard.

* Close any other background applications and processes that are not needed - browser, email.... This will make CPU and RAM more available to your video project.
* Disable unused clips. This may not be the cause of slow rendering for you but if you have a clip that has another on top of it so it isn' really required, it still has demands on processing. You can keep it on your timeline but right click on them and uncheck enable. You can always enable it later.
More tips:
https://www.vagon.io/blog/reduce-your-rendering-times-in-Premiere-Pro/ 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for asking if files are on local drive.  As soon as you render a project with files that aren't on local disk, render times increase exponentially.  It's always quicker to copy to local drive and render then to render network files, however fast your network is (I have a local network server with a decent XEON cpu, 10Gbps network everywhere between my PC and the server - 4K video still renders 5-10 times faster if it's directly on a local drive.)

Regards from the Armordillo

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gerry26396139p1k2 - any progess in improving the export time?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your  Ram is on the low side, Make sure the laptop is plugged in so that it can run at full speed. Check that your power settings are set for performance rather than economy.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My rendering chokes on 32GB RAM so I'd hate to work with 8GB.  If you can't increase RAM, close everything else down while rendering.  EVERYTHING.

For faster encoding, encode directly from Premiere Pro and don't use Media Encoder.  Media encoder is slightly slower and will pause if other programs need processing power to render.  I like to use ME generally but on a tight deadline PPro render is quicker.

Regards from the Armordillo

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the original thread which dealt with the frame orientation issues and the length of time to export:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/black-border-at-top-and-bottom-after-export/...

gerry, I'd create a simple test project, only 10 minutes long and nothing but the source video. Drag the video to the "new" icon to be sure you get a sequence that matches. How long does that take to export? And I'd also do it with a different source video that is not variable frame rate (VFR).

I went to bed before I posted there (!), but I suspected a) computer not up to the task or b) some kind of effects issue that is creating more of a demand than we knew. What you provide in this thread does not sound demanding, but I don't know what effect a VFR source has.

As a test, I exported a one hour clip with the orientation and framerate changed (the footage is VFR exporting to 30fps). My i7-11700K, RTX 3070, 64GB RAM exports in about 5 minutes.

I like Puget Bench benchmarks to get an idea how a computer compares. Lots of things make a difference, but give it a look:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/PugetBench-for-Premiere-Pro-1519/

Here's their database for your processor; not a good performer.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/benchmarks/?age=0&benchmark=&application=premiere+pro&specs=ryzen+7+570...

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stan for that info. Without a discrete GPU that Ryzen 7 5700U is only about half as fast as an M1 MacBook Air (base model with only 8 GB of RAM and a 7-core GPU). Worse, Premiere Pro itself chokes badly on AMD's implementation of the OpenCL GPGPU API. And based on the overall scores on even desktop PCs with discrete AMD Radeon graphics, even a top-of-the-line Radeon performs worse on Premiere Pro than even a mediocre lower-midrange Nvidia GeForce GPU.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines