• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported playback glitch

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help! Exported video glitches and freezes at random parts of the playback. I am using phone camera footage, this has NOT happened on any other the projects I'm working on. I have looked up many similar questions on here and have tried multiple things. Anyone know what could be the issue. I need this fixed to be able to do my job.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Try using Handbrake to re-encode the footage. Let us know if that helps so we can narrow down the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a typical issue with VFR ... variable framerate ... media. Some of the time, it doesn't happen, then occasionally, it does.

Best 'fix' is to convert that to CFR in say ShutterEncoder, which you can batch. Do it to all your VFR clips. Run while you're sleeping or lunch or whatever. 

Then this won't happen. Simply a practical suggestion. I do what works now ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, so I did try this and I am still having the same issue. Could it be any other problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you dropbox a sample clip that's doing this? Or maybe show some screengrabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the clips, dropped them on MediaInfo icon ... and both still show as VFR clips. Basic framerate of 29.970, with range from 28.571 to 30.0 fps.

RNeilHaugen_0-1698273710338.png

Apparently, the S-E people moved the option to change to CFR from the codec options (after you choose a codec) to the Preferences settings ... the one underlined with red below:

RNeilHaugen_1-1698274569879.png

After setting that option to CFR, it actually produces CFR footage.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah gotcha! Thank you so much for this and the quick response time! I will try this and let you know! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in shutter encoder now, uploaded my files. I am not seeing any option to "set frame rate mode" as it looks in the screen shot you sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's in the Preferences/Settings window ... the little gear icon in the upper left corner. Rather well hidden ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see the CFR in preferences, good item Neil, I've always used the Advanced setting.... as I'm usually just doing one or two...

MyerPj_0-1698282231742.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have one of the clips that causes the glitch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow it is still having the same issue, even after the VFR to CFR conversion on all 3 camera angles I have on this. Here is the Dropbox link to the whole video. It happens a couple times, one of them is minute 4:11. Anyone have anymore ideas  

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/jfx1q169sh25yakmfgivn/h?rlkey=w34jy7m40bqfu3xennmrcetf8&dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping for one of the raw clips that cause the problem, rather than the final export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I can get you that, one minute 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ this is the raw footage before the vfr to cfr conversation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the first two, 1 was 720p and the other was 1080p. The only odd thing I could see was when I first put it into PP and I was just dragging the playhead over the footage, and I could swear I saw some green stuff, especially in the lower right area...but I couldn't find a frame to settle on to see it. Otherwise, I put it into a 1080p sequence and exported with match/high bit rate h.264 and it looks OK. I export 22mins. I couldn't find a glitch. I didn't convert to cfr, I just tried the clips as is. 

Are the glitches random or happening in the same spots each time you export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm ok, thank you for going through all of that. And to answer the question, no, the glitches are not at the same spot every time, they are different spots. I'm really confused, not sure what it could be. It's gotta to be somthing off with those phone clips. Because it's not happening with any other projects I'm working on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might try a brand new project and Import the sequence into it from the glitchy project, see if that helps anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I've tried that, I've tried redownloading the original files from the client and restarting the whole edit. Very frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any other possible solutions? I have tried the VFR to CFR conversion, that didn't seem to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll load the converted files in my system and do some playaback and an export with them in a while. See if they're working on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks! https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/jfx1q169sh25yakmfgivn/h?rlkey=w34jy7m40bqfu3xennmrcetf8&dl=0

here is the raw footage and the also the final converted VRF to CFR video  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving it to Discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines