• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Issues, MP4 file size = 0 KB

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting a video from Premiere Pro CC is EXTREMELY frustrating!  I have tried 10 times now with different settings and get the same frustrating results:

ACC File = 26,465 KB

M4V File = 1,098,640,KB

MP4 File = 0 KB

scp8.tmp = 355,812 KB

(Every thing except the file I actually need came out just fine and each time exporting is supposedly complete, Premiere Pro locks up, freezes and the only way to turn it off is to go through Task Manager - End Task)

I've read multiple forum topics covering this subject, watches several YouTube videos and carefully selected the minuscule settings differences that each person offers and STILL I end up with no video after all is said and done. WHY IS THIS NEW VERSION OF PREMIER PRO SO DIFFICULT????!!!

Hey Adobe developers - here's a tip, instead of spending months coming up with ingenious ways of putting control buttons, levels and windows in different places to make them harder to find with the latest release, why not make several fully established presets for export settings to match some of the most popular end uses (Venmo, YouTube, Laptop, etc.) so that we don't have to repeatedly go over them desperately trying to figure out which tiny little change is causing the entire effort to be a waste of time in the end with no video output?

I'm trying to export a video not for YouTube or Venmo but to play on my own laptop screen. I don't need anything special, just a HD video to present in a class that I'm going to be teaching in 2 days. Someone please help me.

[This is a family friendly forum, profanity removed... Mod]

[Keep it clean or you will be reported to the forum Administrator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

I don't know truly what the problem was. I copied all the files over to another computer and started from scratch, re-editing the entire video & sound all over then rendering it on my desktop computer with Photoshop CS5. In the end, It still came out choppy and  stuttered. I needed to stop the video multiple times to make important points and statements anyway so it wasn't so bad. We got through it. It's just too bad that it didn't get resolved before the class. Thanks to everyone who offered ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us some more details about settings you´ve chosen - but for sure it is not a general problem of PP 2018...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you all for weighing in and helping me. It's Thanksgiving Day and I am home alone with no one and  wasn't really expecting a response anytime soon, but I sure do appreciate it!

At this time, I'm attempting to give it another try and I have to repeatedly clicked File/Export/Media and the program has so far not even displayed the export menu. I tried it 5 times now and got no response. Then I quit the program and rebooted it and finally got the export menu.

This is a fairly new PC laptop, currently with 1.69 TB free so there is plenty of space and available memory.

I'm running on Windows 10 and purchased & downloaded the new Premiere Pro CC 2017 program less than 2 weeks ago. The stats for my raw footage from my camera are as follows:

Frame width: 1920

Frame height: 1088

Frame rate: 29 fs

Bit rate: 1533kbps

------------

Here are my export settings:

Format = H.264

Preset = YouTube 1080p HD (I've also tried "High Quality 1080p HD" & "Vimeo 1080p HD")

Export Video = [checked]

Export Audio = [checked]

Basic Video Settings / Width = 1,920

Basic Video Settings / Width = 1,080

Aspect = Square Pixels (1.0)

Profile = High

Level = 4.2

Render @ Maximum Depth [unchecked]

Bitrate Encoding = VBR, 1 pass (I have also tried CBR)

Target Bitrate [Mbps] = 20

Maximum Bitrate [Mbps] = 20

Use Maximum Render Quality [unchecked]

Use Previews [checked]

If there is something that I'm missing, please let me know. Thank you very, very much in advance for your help!

_Eden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot of your Export Settings panel might be helpful for the forum to see. I'm sure you have checked your hard drive space to make sure you have enough room on the drive to export to. I know when ever I have had trouble with files not fulling exporting it has been a full hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see why you are frustrated. Sorry about that. This is a strange behavior indeed. Let's try something just to see if we can get your project exported so you can at least have the video ready for your class.

Start by quitting Premiere Pro and opening Adobe Media Encoder. Once Media Encoder is open you need to import your ".prproj" file in to Media Encoder. You can do that by "File > Add Source" and navigating to your Premiere Pro project file you want to export your video from. If you have more than one sequence in your project you will need to choose which one to export, a pop up window will give you the choice. If not, the sequence in that project will open in Media Encoder, in the Queue window. From there you can select your export settings and output file destination. When you are ready click the little green arrow at the top right corner.

This is a shot in the dark. But if it works hopefully you'll get your video that you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, another shot in the dark: choose "software rendering only" instead of GPU-rendering, perhaps you´ve got a problem with your graphic card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know truly what the problem was. I copied all the files over to another computer and started from scratch, re-editing the entire video & sound all over then rendering it on my desktop computer with Photoshop CS5. In the end, It still came out choppy and  stuttered. I needed to stop the video multiple times to make important points and statements anyway so it wasn't so bad. We got through it. It's just too bad that it didn't get resolved before the class. Thanks to everyone who offered advise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the Adobe Media Encoder and initially, it seemed to work, but it stopped at 0.002 seconds and hung there for 5.5 hours. The upside is I got a video out of it!  The downside is the video stops, studders and is choppy in multiple places.   However, there is kind of sort of a light at the end of the tunnel, (I hope), because this class is tomorrow. I have an older version of Premiere Pro on another computer. I am going to transfer all of my files over to that computer and try to render it there. If I'm lucky, I'll get a video that works just fine like all the times before this new stuff which doesn't seem to work to save my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This is still helpful until today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and it was fixed if I deleted my audio in the sequence, and put it in again. I know it's super weird, but this did the trick for me. I also tried to export a Proress ( that worked fine ) But when I then exported that Proress from the encoder to an mp4 it did the same thing with the 0 kb....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a solution. I had the same problem. I fixed this error simply by creating a new sequence and moving all the content to the new sequence. Voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to edit > preferences > media cache . There check automatically delete media cache files exceeding = ( keep that in GB more than the file space you are exporting ). This might help i am not sure but try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also delete your old media cache files which takes huge space and you no longer need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey boys. I had the same issue but the solution actually was very simple. I was out of space on my local disk. I deleted some files this fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines