Exit

Exporting issues on computer and phone

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A1A5DC7B-F6F9-4607-8BAA-1C49995048CC.png

B2332305-489C-4BB3-B8E8-EDF85B7AC90A.jpeg

I use premiere pro I set the width and height correctly. I export at 1080 HD. For some reason there's black bars on the sides of videos. And when I airdrop them to the ohone they come out even weirder and small. Any help would be great. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be more specific. I use premier on my Mac. The input video is 1920 1080. I set the sequence settings to 1920 1080. I edit the video. I export at 1080 HD. When I watch the video on my computer there's giant black bars on the side and on the preview icon. When I airdrop that file to my phone and open it, it's the super small zoomed out video you see in the first picture. I check the info on the exported video it also says its 1920 1080. I'm lost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get a vertical image, the 1080 needs to be first. That should be a 1080x1920 sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the second picture in the reply you can see the sequence settings is set to 1080 1920 but when I export at 1080 gf it comes out the other way? Should I export at adaptive or sequence preview settings ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The export preset needs to also be 1080x1920. And if you simply choose a say HD preset, it will probably be exporting 1920x1080.

You need to make sure the framesize listed in the Export settings is the same as the sequence, in this case, 1080x1920.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines