I am working in Premiere Pro and trying to render a number of projects. For some of them, I bounce it to Media Encoder and it renders the audio files in a few seconds and renders everything else very quickly. This was the norm for the last year on my computer. Now for others, it takes an absurd amount of time to render the audio files - on the order of maybe 5-10 times longer than the video files. For a few files, Media Encoder failed to export them. I tried exporting from Premiere directly and it managed to work, but still took a huge amount of time to render the audio.
I'm exporting to H.264 1920x1080p, 23.976 fps, VBR 2 Pass, 10 Mbps. A 5 minute video usually takes 4-6 minutes to render. Now it takes 15-30 minutes to load the audio. This is before the progress bar even appears. And then it renders as usual.
What's going on? Why does it take so long to process that audio? This is a huge time waster.
I've never figured out why AME doesn't use the same Cache and Previews as Premiere Pro. It always seems to create its own.
Even when rendering in Premiere it takes the same amount of time to load/render the audio as AME. Something clearly is not working correctly. It should take seconds to render the audio from these videos, not several minutes or more.
Are you working with a proper disk setup?
😧 Project files, audio files, image files
E: Cache & Scratch
F: Camera media only
Jim, can you clarify your post? What is a proper disk setup to you? Also what happened to A & B. You list these items but say nothing about how they should be properly set up.
Drive lettering normally starts with C. A and B aren't used.
What don't you understand about the setup? If I know where the misunderstanding is, I can clear it up.
I have found that the issue is directly linked to the sequence containing more footage than is being exported. Although there are still mixed bitrates and frame rates the issue is totally resolved 100% of the time by simply creating a new sequence for the footage to export. I went from 58 minutes of audio render time to 8 seconds simply by copying the export to a new sequence where there was no other footage.
I faced the same issue.
I went inside sequence settings and clicked on "render audio" and that fixed the render time for me.
I hope this helps
I tried the above method & just to clarify, the way to fix this is to create a new seqeunce with any defaul settings, then drop a piece of footage you're working with into the timeline & (here is the key) follow PP's prompt to change sequence settings to match footage properties (this is not the defailt selection). Once you do this, it will export perfectly with no audio hell render times.
This is insane that this is still an issue. I'm stuck rendering audio previews out for 3+ hours right now on a 7-min sequence. No multi cam. 32-bit float wav files from a Zoom F6.
PS: After the audio was done, the 4K h264 @ 100mbps rendered in 6 minutes. 6 minutes!!!! 3 hours for audio.