• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Render Times Due to AE Dynamic Link

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's to a first post! I've been using Premiere Pro for a long time and as of a few years ago hopped onto Creative Cloud, which I generally keep fully updated. However about a month ago I noticed one of my regular video projects in Premiere Pro was taking an immense amount of time to export. I'm well aware exporting isn't instantaneous, but I also know it isn't normal for a video of mine to have an ETA of 2 days! I tried different creating new projects, removing different audio tracks, nothing helped. I also noticed when all of this was going on, my CPU usage was close to 0 when exporting. Something wasn't right...

However today after poking around a bit more and running into the same issue I've discovered this has to do with the Dynamic Link I'm using to bring in After Effects compositions to Premiere. My videos for the most part are quite basic, I've tried different render settings, and the only time I use Dynamic Link in a project is to finish off my video with a 20 second After Effects composition. I'm a pretty patient person, so I'm not here expecting my 1080p60, high bitrate, h.264, 20 minute video to finish within 10 minutes, but there is a problem. Just from a test: if I delete the After Effects composition from my timeline, I can render this video in about 20 minutes. If I add the After Effects composition to the end of my timeline, my total render time goes up to 50 hours.

Unfortunately I cannot pinpoint exactly when this started to occur, I can only say it happened to me on the previous update and on the current update, and it seems to be directly tied to Dynamic Link. I even did a Render and Replace of that 20 second clip, which took around 5 minutes or so. Is that slow? Probably. However the math does not make sense here, and one AE composition in the timeline is bogging down the entire export process.

20 minute video without Dynamic Link: 20 minutes

AE composition alone rendered: 5 minutes

20 minute video with Dynamic Link: 3,000 minutes

What?!

Anyways, if there's anything further I can provide, please let me know. Until this is fixed I'm going to have to either use Render and Replace or export the AE project out as a video file and use that at the end of my Premiere Pro projects. Let me get you all some specs while I'm at it!

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.475)

CPU: Intel i7 6700K

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti

After Effects: 2019 Version 16.1.1 (Build 4)

Premiere Pro: 2019 Version 13.1.2 (Build 9)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

20220404_135306.jpg

 Trying to render first before exporting to cut down the time but... (20 hours for rendering...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines