• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding and customizing keyboard shortcuts

Explorer ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WS1c9bc5c2e465a58a91cf0b1038518aef7-7c2da.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marq5.1 - Confirmed.

Um...you're my hero dude.  SERIOUSLY!!!!!  WHY won't my mac get search results from that folder when I'm doing a search for my file name?!  That is AMAZING that you found it.  And terribly frustrating at the same time.

That is AWESOME!

Thank you so much.

Now I can transfer my keyboard file over to my other MAC.

YES!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to have been found where Post #9 said it would be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz, it's not actually.  Post #9 didn't work at all for me.  Because that "Libary" folder doesn't show up in my user file structure.  And it seems that it doesn't on Marq5.1's either. 

That's the probelm.  I couldn't find the file structure and searching for ANYTHING close to the name (including the .kys portion of it) didn't show up any results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of others ...the location where it was eventually found  was  accurate (variables depending) as described

Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Pro/6.0/my.kys

Library / Application Support / Adobe / Premiere Pro / 5.5 / [your custom named shortcuts].kys

Its just that your system was hiding it from you for what ever reason.  ( a Mac thing )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ shooternz: "Library" is not accurate enough!

[user] /Library / Application Support / Adobe / Premiere Pro / 5.5 / [your custom named shortcuts].kys

or

[user] /Library / Application Support / Adobe / Premiere Pro / 6.0 / [your custom named shortcuts].kys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, the User > Library is now hidden from users. Thanks folks, I'll update the docs with this info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a tale of two Libraries, four Adobe folders, two Premiere Pro folders (one in Application Support and one in Preferences, I actually also have a PrmierePro folder as well in my Preferences Folder), two 6.0 folders, a operating system which makes it difficult to access any of the Libraries and the normal confusion of a typical work day.

The trick with the "alt" Key + Command Bar "Go" is so secret that not even the Apple geniuses who tried to help me with another issue don't know about it. My friend literally absent mindedly hit the alt Key while in the "Go" menu and noticed that something changed there.

@ Jim Curtis: It would be intersting to know how you managed the "madonna" trick what is "EasyFind"? is that a program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How in the world did your friend stumble upon this marq5.1?  That's craziness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not funny. I can't find the folder anymore either. At least not on my MacBook Pro, running Lion. I'll check my Snow Leopard machine on Moday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...I'm running MacBook Pro on Lion.

I'll check on my MacPro system next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Adobe doing?  Does it have something to do with downloading and using the Creative Cloud versions of software? 

I have no idea...but I have to ask those kind of questions since "creative cloud" subscription based software downloads is so new.

It has to be something on the Adobe install side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Kevin Monahan: Do you have any answers for this post?  Do you have a solution for us?  Or did Adobe just "let go" of any ability to transfer my "already created" keyboard settings to another computer?

Please reply.  I would like to do this sooner than later if it's still do-able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how I found my keyboard shortcut file.  I'm on Macs.

Create a Keyboard setup in Pr, and named it with a unique name.  Let's say, "madonna."

Use EasyFind to search my disk, including invisible folders and for invisible files, for a file called "madonna."

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice way of thinking! It worked! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

svidano wrote:

@ Kevin Monahan: Do you have any answers for this post?

See post #30. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, that IS me.  Post #30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Library under USERS is hidden (for Mac LION users).  Open Your Finder, Hold OPTION and CLICK on "GO" from your top menu in Finder. Select Library.

Got to Application Support > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 6.0

Your KYS file should be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe-please make a "customize keyboard" layout similar to Avid and FCP.

I'd like to be able to map right on a keyboard image (Avid and FCP).

Also, it should be easier to save your keyboard layout to use on other

systems. Once again, this seems like a fairly simple function that has

been part of FCP and Avid for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnjAyala wrote:

Adobe-please make a "customize keyboard" layout similar to Avid and FCP.

I'd like to be able to map right on a keyboard image (Avid and FCP). 

Also, it should be easier to save your keyboard layout to use on other

systems.  Once again, this seems like a fairly simple function that has

been part of FCP and Avid for a while.  

Hi John,

Thanks for your post. These are popular feature requests. Please add your voice by filling out the feature request form: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

BTW, I don't find it difficult to move my keyboard layouts to new systems. The only difficulty is in locating the file. Please let me know if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be nice if the interface actually had an export/import feature for custom mappings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

It'd be nice if the interface actually had an export/import feature for custom mappings.

That's a good request. It would save a lot of digging around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC on Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.3 has the .kys files here:

[user] > Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 7.0 > Profile-CreativeCloud- > Mac > [custom].kys

BTW

This is contrary to the Adobe online help which states it's in the user library:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WS1c9bc5c2e465a58a91cf0b1038518aef7-7c2da.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the correction Editbreath.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines