• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX the bug of audio missing from export

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).
The only reliably working workaround has been export only the single audio channels in wave files and then import it back into the timeline, that is time consuming and unacceptable for a professional software.
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Hi @KinoKast,

Thanks for the version details. This issue was fixed in Premiere version 23.4. Please update your version from Creative Cloud and let us know how it goes there in the updated version. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. 

Happy to help, Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 167 Replies 167
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mike churchill

Nope, I have CBR on all my projects and Audio dropouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be the Scratch Disk? I am having a similar problem too and I noticed my C Drive has hardly any space suddenly. I'm going to try and change my Scratch Disk (or Media Cache) location and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: That was the fix for me! I changed my Media Cache in PP to an external drive with more space and my audio exported perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'FIX the bug of audio missing from export' - Problem is usually caused by having different sample rates in the same sequence, 44.1 and 48khz, and particulary where you have audio dissolves. Best practice is to convert music and audio files to 48khz (or to match sequence sample rate) before importing into a sequence. If all your audio is the same sample rate in the sequence you should not experience this problem. If you still have the issue, export a WAV and reimport that and check for any gaps, you may find that a WAV does not have the same export issue as an QT or MXF.

Having said all that, I agree this bug should be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have been experiencing this frequently as well. It seems to be caused by differing sample rates in the same sequence, as another user already noted. That said, it is still a bug and the workarounds are really annoying! Greatly slows down production time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can also happen in Media Encoder. I had a subscriber point out that one of my videos was missing sound after 9 minutes, so I took the original file (which is fine) and rendered it out with Media Encoder - and put it back up. Well, my mistake for not checking the whole thing (again) because the sound stopped this time after 22 minutes. Rendered it again, 3rd time was the charm.
This was no variable sound rates or files - just one file, rendered out in Media Encoder - that dropped sound two different renders.
H265 30fps if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Premiere Pro 2022. Adobe has not fixed it. I'm not sure they care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finding this thread is a relief. Like everyone else, I've spent hours creating the project then hours upon hours trying to solve this issues. Each export is a lottery; will it miss audio? It's severely restricting my ability to post regularly and consistently to YouTube. I'm not monetized but for those who are, this would be extremely stressful. Surely this is a critical issue when it comes to user experience? Surely with all the computer scientists at Adobe they can jump on this ASAP? It's now been 3 months since the start of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just using CBR audio has reduced the errors, but it still has happened. Now trying to use mpg audio rather than AAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE Seems that version 22.0 is not effected by this bug but the updated version 22.1.2 is.
Maybe comment below what version you are running and if switching to verson 22.0 fixes it for you.
Hope this helps at least someone, which is more than can be said for Adobe support.

Attached picture saved in Paint as Photoshop is awful as well 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem when you downgrade is that you can't use projects saved from the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a terrible problem for me since the audio is only cutting out after about 33 minutes into the video, but the export takes half an hour or more, so I have to keep trying different export settings and waiting. If there was an actual deadline for what I'm working on I'd be reevaluating my Adobe subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a clue...

As I mentioned in my previous comment, I had the issue where the audio would cut out after ~33 minutes and I've been retrying the export with various different settings over and over again. I finally got it to work, but the only difference was that I set the file to output to a different location. So perhaps the issue was with a cache or with trying to write a large file or something like that. I think the issue may have originally been that I had some erroneous In/Out set, even though there was no clear indication that was the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening up to 22.1.2 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to temporarily fix this issue by doing "render and replace" on all of my audio clips before export. This is extremely annoying still, and leaves me with a ton of extra audio renders. I still run into this issue with every single video I export. And it's terrible when I need to upload 4+ videos a week and I'm running behind. Then I need to work with clients afterwards if I forget to render and replace. On top of that, it's terrible for my business.

Are we really getting no response from adobe on this still? This only became an issue after updating to 2022. I can't believe newer versions still break so many things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have still been having this exact same bug. It is driving me nuts. Trying the "Render and Replace" thing right now, but this has cost me many hours of time. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues as others. Found that the hack of exporting just the audio to a wav file then importing that back into the timeline, muting the other audio channels, worked. This is a serious issue that of course needs to be fixed. I recently switched to Premiere Pro from Corel Video Studio because Corel was inexplicably losing resolution on my imported GoPro video files. At least I could make a video that had all its sound!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question to all.

Which Cam are you using?
Which Codec is used?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just seems to move on from issue where AME froze at 100%, I upgrade to the latest version and welcomed by this audio missing issue.

@Sumeet Kumar Choubey Really need adobe to Fix this to make my subscription worth it! My renewal is coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feb 20. 02.22

this is still happening to me. I'm on my 4th export attempt as we speak. each export has random different audio missing. I'm all updated, done a computer restart etc. I'm not an expert in this space and Do not understand some of the suggested work around. why is this big not being fixed! this is very time consuming and very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COME ON ADOBE! WE PAY !! FIX THIS BUG!! TIME IS MONEY!! AND I LOST A LOT OF TIME TO FIX THIS IN MY PROJECTS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the fix was export it direct in Premiere so not queing it to ME. Still this is ridiculous that this happens and is still not fixed. Cost me a lot of time thus money.. please fix it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus christ Adobe. Same issue - half of the sounds in my sound-designed sequence were not in my final export and my client came back furious, rightly so. Luckily was able to explain. Seriously stop doing updates Adobe. Get everything right once and then make improvements. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable..........This is ridiculous....Can't we get this fixed?!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this seems like a real recent issue, exported video and found random sound tracks were just muted or gone? Going to try and find some fixes but really bad bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stop updating your program with newer versions. Just update bugs! PFFF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines