• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED: Export issue for H.264 and HEVC with Premiere Pro 23.1

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed in Premiere Pro version 23.2.  Please update to get the fix.

We have identified a file name issue affecting H.264 and HEVC/H.265 exports on Windows with Premiere Pro 23.1

The issue impacts H.264 and HEVC/H.265 exports to folders with names that use double-byte characters, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or extended ASCII characters, like accents and umlauts. Affected users will see this message: File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of %filename.mp4%. Reading and writing this file’s metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

If you are experiencing this issue, use one of these options:
  • Please update to version 23.2 where the issue is fixed
  • The following workarounds are for 23.1
    • Choose an export destination folder that uses only single-byte ASCII English characters (no accents, umlauts, etc.)
    • Export to a different format, such as Apple ProRes.
    • For H.264 exports only: disable hardware-accelerated encoding.
TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

I'm pleased to announce that Premiere Pro version 23.2 has just been released with a fix for this issue and some other nice features.  Please update to get the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 431 Replies 431
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how I miss avid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

Having same problem here! As mishura08 said everything was working perfect even with the last update but i don't know...

After searching for solutions here i figured out some things:

• People saying is a problem space: Defenitly is not. I'm exporting in my company server and i've got TB of free space.
  • Delete caché: I did, in Premiere and After effects... nothing changed
  • Reinstall, update windows and nvidia Driver: Doesn't work

I mean, in the error message says that is a metadata writing problem (.XMP) but soooo so weird. When I disable the metadata export on the export screen then the error doesn't appear but the final video file still giving me 1KB and a black screen, so the video doesn't exist. However if try to export in other unit Disk (local unit) then everything seems perfect. Besides this just happen when i try to export in H264, so i can export in others format (.mov) in any Unit Disk, i mean, the company server and local disk.

What the heck is happening. May the problem with thew after effects update exporting in mp4 you did something wrong guys?? pls we need a solution here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its definetly a problem with the new update. I reverted to the Version 23.0 and everything works perfect now.
Dont use 23.1 if you have this problem for now and wait for an update i would say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaaanks very much! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to 23.0 solved the issue for me. 
I wasted hours on trying all the other various suggestions which are floating around.
Adobe, you need to fix this bug in 23.1 quickly - it is cause drama for a lot of people, as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah i forgot.

I found this answer on reddit:

Had the same problem today after updating premiere pro.

I had enough space on my computer (over 3TB of space available) so the solution did not work for me.

I had also recently changed the project settings on video rendering and playback from ''software only'' to ''GPU acceleration (CUDA)'' without any problem until the update.

What worked is the following : I changed my settings back to the renderer from File> Project Settings > General > Renderer > as Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and then I also had to change the setting on the Export > Video > Encoding Settings > Performance > Software Encoding.

I hope that helps other people with the same issue that disk space wouldnt fix.

May this works for you, guys. I've not tried yet... i'll let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ramoses

@liskelsa 

According to Adobe employees, it is necessary to use English characters in the output file names and make sure that the path to the saved file also consists of folders of English characters. And alternatively, try to save your export to another disk.

Try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salvar o arquivo fora do OneDrive funcionou para mim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a mi me paso igual , todo estaba perfecto de hecho he renderizado el mismo proyecto varias veces y hasta hoy me arrojo este porblema,Se ha deshabilitado la lectura y escritura de los metadatos de este archivo (XMP). lo unico que agrege al titulo fue un final3 en el nombre , 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Même problème, même solution et ça marche. Donc revenir à la version 23.0 Merci !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now 20/12/2022 I have the same error, cannot export:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 224632.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error: "File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of [Sequence].mp4. Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled. 

Issue: After this export, I can not open the rendered file. I rendered it on another drive. For some reason, it has indeed solved the problem! My problem is that I can not render to the desired hard drive. 

I would much appreciate any answer. Thanks for your help in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cambiando  la secuencia y nombres , logre renderizar  , con este error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, we've looped in an expert to reply as soon as they're back in the office. In the meantime, our chat agents can also assist you here: https://t.co/446p6mrwkU  Please click the chat icon in the lower-right corner and let us know how it goes. Thanks! ^KT

20221218_164041.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. I've been trying to export a video for the last week or two and I keep getting this notification in after rendering: "file importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure reading and writing this file's metadata xmp has been disabled".

I've looked online and for a lot of people the problem was that their harddrive was full and was easilly solveble by clearing some space. This however wasn't the case for me. I have space on all of my drives to export the video to, but for some reason the same notification keeps popping up. I don't know what to do about this.

Could anyone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some, the issue has been the use of characters in the folder-tree and filenames of the clips. As noted also in this thread. On non-English keyboards some alphabetical characters are in places that have grammatical characters on English keyboards.

And as Kevin noted above, is being worked on by the devs. So that might be your ish if you're not on an English keyboard.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

can you please help me with this.

"File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of 1.mp4 Reading and weiting this file's metadata (XMP) has been disable"

vincents78157347_1-1671549771460.png

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program 
How do I fix this ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically i have an error that says "file importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure when"
The issue is not lack of space or anything like that. This only happens, when I export using "Hardware Encoding", while "Software Encoding" works just fine
Is this an update bug or am I missing something?

My Premiere Pro version is: 23.1.0 (Build 86)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an update bug or am I missing something?

By @Rainbow27650578udzv

@Rainbow27650578udzv - 

First, the answer in this thread has an explanation and a workaround: Export issue for H.264 and HEVC with Premiere Pro ... - Adobe Support Community - 13418678

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the following message when exporting: File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of seq...01.mp4. reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled. What might be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I render (export) it notices : ‘”File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of ... Reading and writing thi file’s metadata (XMP) has been disabled.”” And the Exporter file I can not read
Before updating I still render (export) these files normally
Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the 23.0 update, I am getting xmp error etc problems in Pr, AE and ME applications. I am not getting output with hardware encoder. It only works with software coding. My GPU drivers are up to date. There was no problem until version 23.0. I installed the old version, still no problem. When I search the site I see everyone is having the same issue but adobe does nothing to fix it. The 23.0 version should be considered faulty and the problem should be resolved as soon as possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the 23.0 update, I am getting xmp error etc problems in Pr, AE and ME applications. I am not getting output with hardware encoder. It only works with software coding.

By @i̇lkerk24979839

Hi, @i̇lkerk24979839@Chien Thang - @Csaba5DE7 - @Krissy8 - @STUDIO DIGITAL  - 

Read the first post here: Export issue for H.264 and HEVC with Premiere Pro ... - Adobe Support Community - 13418678

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go to export my video and it tells me it successfully exports but doesn't go through the usual process of exporting (currently takes 1-2 seconds).  The file ends up empty (13.3kb) not even running for the time of the video. 

The video plays completely fine without any issues through Premiere on my PC and in the Export screen.  I have tried force rendering, many different formats and I have plenty of space on my computer.

Can anyone HELP!!!!....please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines