Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering footage in Premiere Pro CC 2014 but not in Premiere Pro CC 2013

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been having repeated issues with Premiere Pro CC 2014 on Windows. Basically my footage has a weird strobe/flicker when in the suite and when rendered off even although the footage looks fine, unaltered out of the camera. I rendered off the same footage in the 2013 edition of the software and there is no flicker/strobing going on. I've included one of the worst effected shots in CC 2014 and CC 2013 for comparison.I also experience graphical glitches occasionally when rendering. Please watch below:

Premiere Pro CC 2014 - strobing (300% speed, cropped 15%, RGB curve adjustment, software rendered)

YouTube

Premiere Pro CC 2013 - strobing (300% speed, cropped 15%, RGB curve adjustment, software rendered)

Premiere Pro CC 2013 - no flickering - YouTube

The footage was shot on a Nikon D3200 at 1080p 25fps, aperture 3.5, shutter 1/50, ISO 400.

Editing on a

Dell Optiplex 9020

Intel i5-4570 3.2 Ghz

4 gb Ram

Intel HD Graphics 4600

Windows 7

Has anyone else experienced this issue? My suspicion is an issue with either my graphics card or insufficient RAM.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 127 Replies 127
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue with Premiere cc 2014.

I have flickering and strobing on my footage whenever I export it out.

I am not speeding up my footage though, it is running at 1080p- 24fps.

From the panasonic GH3

This has happened on a number of projects and It is costing me time with my clients!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matthew,

After doing a bit of experimenting I found that if you choose to render with GPU acceleration on then the video is flicker free. I can only guess that there are some compatibility issues involving software only rendering. To be honestly this is one of a few issues that I have encountered with CC 2014. Overall, I'm very disappointed with it.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - the sequence plays fine in the project, but I get intermittent flicker after rendering to h.264 (mp4).  It rendered fine in CS6; the problem started when I upgraded from CS6 to CC 2014.  I am using the current version.  Not sure if it matters, but the original footage is H.264 (.mov).

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Premiere Pro 8.1.0 (81) build

6GB RAM

GeForce 9800M GS

Unfortunately GPU assisted rendering is not an option for me.  Anyone else have any ideas?  This is a showstopping issue - if I can't find a solution I'll be going back to CS6.

EDIT:  I have tried rendering from both Premiere and Media Encoder, and I've tried rendering to DNxHD also.  No luck.

I noticed when watching the Output Preview in AME as it's rendering, the flicker is visible there too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st, moving to the Premiere Pro forum for subject matter help

2nd, for everyone in this message thread, LOTS more information needed for the people in the correct forum to give help

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, accelerating the gpu seeming to fix the flicker for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue too, on 3 different editing stations. Changing GPU did not make a difference. This bug is crippling our business. If no fix soon going to have to uninstall 2014.

Intel i7-4930K @3.40GHz 6 processors cores

64GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (4GB RAM)

Windows 7 x64

Premiere Pro CC 2014 8.1.0 (81) build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still having issue. any help Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kas,

You might try completely removing, then reinstalling your GPU drivers.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that on 1 station. Problem still there. We even just purchased a new laptop, everything is a clean new install, and same problem. We've spent hours on this trying different things. This is a very disappointing bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish i've never updated to 2014.1. It introduced so much issues!

Flickering with some effects,

incompatibility with Sapphire transitions,

problems with Twixtor rendering,

PRORES multicam sequences with more than 4 cameras fail to draw a Program view resulting in media pending forever,

MXF red frames

and finally a very long startup time (as a punishment for retries).

The only good thing about this release is a built-in CineForm codec with alpha support.

Brilliant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. These issues are crippling my business. I need to convert back to CCv7 ASAP. Is there a way I can save the 2014 to open in an older version or have I lost all of the work??  So disappointing that ADOBE let us down. I've been a faithful PP user for more than 8 years and now this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a freelancer, so I don't have tons of time to troubleshoot and I need something that works consistently.  I've had to roll back to CS6 and have someone else render my CC 2014 projects.  It's great that CC 2014 introduces new features, but it's useless to me until they fix this.....

Kevin, is there a more direct way to get this issue elevated in Adobe Support?

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta agree with the guys. The list of bugs is horrible.

Resulting in days of wasted time, using this "Adobe magic" (tragic) new version.

Even the plugin manufactures acknowledge there are serious problems with 8.1 version

Sapphire VFX technology - the standard in visual effects software | GenArts Visual Effects Plugins

***Notice to Premiere Pro Users***

describes it well

Please, do a significantly better beta testing next time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawsmart,

dawsmart wrote:

I'm a freelancer, so I don't have tons of time to troubleshoot and I need something that works consistently.  I've had to roll back to CS6 and have someone else render my CC 2014 projects.  It's great that CC 2014 introduces new features, but it's useless to me until they fix this.....

Kevin, is there a more direct way to get this issue elevated in Adobe Support?

I'm the Support Product Manager, so I'm your guy. Let me see if any new info is available.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect CC2014.1  requires more of the GPU than CS6 or CC2013 do, so a system that does fine with CS6 or CC2013 might be underpowered using CC2014.1. Dawsmart, have you tried to export in software mode only, that is, without GPU acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Animotion.nl, yes - in fact I don't have the option to use GPU acceleration.  "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" is the only option I have....

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawsmart,

What kind of GPU do you have?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  am have the same exact issue with Adobe Premiere CC 2014. I had to switch off CUDA and do Mercury only to be able to encode without any issues. Otherwise my RED footage that would be strobing all over and cutting no matter which format I rendered in using CUDA. ProRes or H264.

I have a Intel Iris Pro & the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M on a Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU is GeForce 9800M GS.  I'm running the latest drivers from NVidia.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there's another thread with the same issue.  Still no solution yet though:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1512543?start=0&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dawsmart,

Please go to the link mentioned below and try to update the Video driver from it.

Intel HD, HD 4200/4400/4600/5000/5100/5200 Graphics Driver Driver Details | Dell US

Download the link which says: Video_Driver_J86W5_WN_10.18.10.3412_A11.EXE

Please restart the machine once it is installed. Also, create a new project with new media files and then check the results.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vinay_Dwivedi You sure about that?  This doesn't match my system.  I've got

Asus G71G

GeForce 9800M GS

Windows 7 SP1 x64

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dawsmart,

This link was only for the Dell machines. So, please do not install it. For ASUS machine try the link below.

http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/asus/laptops-desktops/g71g/29893

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinay,   I tried the drivers listed on driverscape.  No change.

Anyone else using Fast Color Corrector, or Three Way Color Corrector?

I noticed the problem goes away when turning all effects off on the clips.  All my clips have Fast Color Corrector, Three-Way Color Corrector, or a combination of the two.  I don't see the issue when color correcting with Adobe Speed Grade and rendering from Premiere either.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines