Flipping

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from a recording on Discord. I simply want to take the video image in the top right, and horizontally flip it, but not the rest of the video.  I've done this before and I have no idea how I did it.  I have tried to crop it and flip it but premiere just flips the entire video.  So how do i isolate that area of the video and ONLY flip that ?? Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022
Duplicate the Discord recording to Video Track 2.   Hide Video Track 1. Enable Transparency Grid in the Program settings. Apply the Crop effect to the duplicate Clip in Video Track 2 and adjust the Left, Top, Right, and Bottom percentages until you see just the video playing in the upper right. Apply the Horizontal Flip effect. Unhide Video Track 1. Expand the Motion options and adjust the X position such that the duplicate Clip in Video Track 2 until it's covering the original. If...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Duplicate the Discord recording to Video Track 2.  

Hide Video Track 1.

Enable Transparency Grid in the Program settings.

Apply the Crop effect to the duplicate Clip in Video Track 2 and adjust the Left, Top, Right, and Bottom percentages until you see just the video playing in the upper right.

Apply the Horizontal Flip effect.

Unhide Video Track 1.

Expand the Motion options and adjust the X position such that the duplicate Clip in Video Track 2 until it's covering the original.

If you want better edges, switch to After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines