• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU acceleration for Premiere on GTX 780 grayed out

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been all over the forums and have not found a solution to this issue yet. Basically GPU acceleration (CUDA, Mercury Playback Engine) cannot be enabled on Premiere or AE although it appears my graphics card is supported by Adobe. This seems to have worked in the past with this machine so something new must have broken it. Specs are below:

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Intel Motherboard

Core i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz

32 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 780

NVIDIA Driver version 391.35 (latest as of today)

So far I have tried

Updating Windows

Updating Adobe CC suite

Removing, uninstalling, deleting the NVIDIA drivers, and reinstalling with a new version of the latest driver several times

Updating the Chipset and other motherboard drivers (Intel shows all up to date)

Onboard Intel graphics disabled (done previously, does not show up in device manager)

Forcing the gtx 780 GPU in NVIDIA control panel 3D settings

Modified "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018\cuda_supported_cards.txt" to explicitly list my card in every imaginable way (file did not exist so I made one - no change)

Ran GPUSniffer and get this result:

GPUSniffer testing 254

--- OpenGL Info ---

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Renderer: GeForce GTX 780/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 391.35 23.21.13.9135

GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Monitors: 4

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Did not find any devices that support GPU computation.

Adobe Support said I need to upgrade to Windows 10 but I don't see why that would be necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Installed an old driver from last year and it works again. (388.71) Both GPU-Z and Premiere are showing CUDA now.

That is great but my system is going to constantly want to upgrade the graphics driver and it is going to break it again... NVIDIA needs to get it together with their drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

An annoying and frustrating issue, to be sure. Is it possible that you have a second GPU on your motherboard that is enabled? If so, let me know if steps in this article help you or not: Disabling Onboard Video to Add Video Card

Thank You!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

intel.png

devman.png

Onboard graphics shows disabled in the Intel desktop software and is not listed in Dev Mgr. I will F2 it again and take a look in the BIOS but I am pretty sure I disabled it there when I first got the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explicitly disabled the onboard graphics in the BIOS and it made no change. (It was set to "disabled unless primary" or something similar and I set it to "disabled") Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try rolling back GPU drivers?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried one version prior already with the same result. Any ideas as to a good stable older version to roll back to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installed an old driver from last year and it works again. (388.71) Both GPU-Z and Premiere are showing CUDA now.

That is great but my system is going to constantly want to upgrade the graphics driver and it is going to break it again... NVIDIA needs to get it together with their drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines