• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HLG 2000 in rec 709 timeline

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one clip on HLG 2100 on my rec 709 timeline, what can I do to convert the HLG 2100 clips to Rec 709 for it to be compatible?

HLG 2100 clip on Rec 709:

4F9BA675-787F-4E61-A4A1-B741DFC73EC3.png

HLG 2100 on sequence and clip:

808493B6-7F4C-4AC4-8735-D83B1BB0FE9C.png

 the HLG 2100 clip is very bright on a rec 709 sequence so I don't know what I should do. All my clips except for this is Rec 709

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project panel, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage.

Select the Override option at the bottom, set it to Rec.709.

Here's a couple FAQs about what's changed (the entire underlying color system), how to work with, and what's still acknowledged as broken by engineers in the first, and the second is on how to monitor in HDR if you wish to, as that has also completely changed since 2021 version.

I've met and worked with their top color people in years past, and I've contacted several to comment on those posts if something was wrong. They haven't commented.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Management for Log/RAW Media

How to Set Monitors for HDR work in Premiere Pro 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood! Thanks so much for the reply. But will my clips have quality loss, glitches etc when I do the colour overwrite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not over-written data, simply the same data reset for a different color space. Something done routinely these days.

So it is simply *correctly* displaying the image within the proper color space.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bother you again Neil, the option for the color space overwrite is blurred out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

often you can change the interpret colorspace, however some people report that option isn't always available.

try this, use shutter encoder with option-dropdown, new colorspace rec. 709 and export as prores with new metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bother you, will I lose quality for doing this? Is it possible I can rewrap etc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

shutter encoder has a re-wrap without re-encode function, but I don't know if the colorspace can be edited in that mode. you can always transcode to a lossless codec as well. 

Another thing you can try is use a metadata editor. https://github.com/bbc/qtff-parameter-editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines