Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How Can I Align Evenly Several Titles And/Or Objects/Images In Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lists that I want to be lined up like this.      

One

Two

Three

But I don't always want them to be directly centered. I want flexibility to put them wherever I want. Many programs have an option where you can just drag the object or text and It will automatically align it and show you the spacing. How can I do that In Premiere Pro?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018
Go to Window > Essential Graphics and select Edit. Select the text layers and play around with the Align and Transform options.Look for Align Left to align the text layers to the left. But, this will not work for images. For that and all of the abowe i mostly use After Effects.

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the featured format demonstration of above video without making it rolling credits.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window > Essential Graphics and select Edit. Select the text layers and play around with the Align and Transform options.

Look for Align Left to align the text layers to the left.

aligntransform.PNG

But, this will not work for images. For that and all of the abowe i mostly use After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cosign on the fact that aligning and centering visual compositions with text and images is done in After Effects the easiest. What you're trying to do in premiere isn't really what the software is meant to do. So you're going to have to use quirky workarounds, when it's a couple of easy clicks in After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essential Graphics sucks. No where near After effects. If we were to shuffle every now and then between AE and PP, dynamic link starts sucking. If AE allowed multiple objects in a single layer, and also transistions, I would  never come back to premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All my options disappear as soon as I multi-select tracks, even if the tracks have exactly the same text/graphics elements on them. I believe the align and transform tools will only work if you're working on one track, meaning any other effects are not possible, you'll have to have all your text on one track.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines