• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How can I edit a video recorded in OBS and not make the video 10x larger with worse resolution?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded several videos in OBS. I then remux them in OBS to .mp4 files. 

For example, I have one right now that is recorded in 4k at 60fps and is 1 hour 11 minutes long. It is 4.1gb.

I edited it down to 21 minutes by speeding up and cutting out some sections. 

When I export it, it goes from 4k to 1080 if I choose "Match Sequence Settings". I would like to keep it in 4k but this isn't the biggest issue. The issue is it goes from 4.1gb to 14gb. Quality worsens and yet the file size is 10x greater.

I have tried exporting in other formats. If I use AVI and go down to 720 it is still 10gb. 

It should be smaller than the original file, not larger. It is much shorter in length and much worse in quality. 

Anyway to fix this? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

To lower the file size of the exported media, use any of the compressed Formats like HEVC(H.265). Also, lowering the Target Bitrate and a smaller resolution can help reduce the file size. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay thank you. H.265 worked great. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines