• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I apply auto colour to all clips?

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I apply auto colour to all clips in the PP timeline sequence? I can only do it one by one and it's insanity if you have a long video with a lot of cut parts, so much work, how do I just apply to it all at once? Because when I select multiple clips or parts or how do you call them the auto colour option gets greyed out as you can see in my screenshots.

Please help, thank you.

https://ibb.co/xq9bX2j

https://ibb.co/7pRnSNj

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an adjustment layer on the top track and apply color correction to the adjustment layer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/how-to/use-premiere-pro-adjustment-layers-with-danielsjensen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the auto color function is not intended for adjustment layers. It will yield sub-optimal results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to apply a correction to a bunch of sub-cuttings from one clip, smply make a Lumetri correct, and save it as a Preset. But delete it from that clip on the sequence.

Now go to the project bin, and drag/drop the preset onto the clip. All instances of that clip now have that Lumetri effect applied with those settings.

If that corrects many clips, drop it on all of them. It will appear in the Source tab of the ECP, btw.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh I did that and it worked. Saving the preset and finding it was a hassle since I'm an extreme noob when it comes to ALL computer stuff, but I managed to save it, find it and learned to apply the Auto color preset effect to everything on my timeline without having to apply it separately to every single thing. Now my GoPro exported footage colours look even better than the raw file from the SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that color correction/grading seems time consuming, but that really is the nature of the beast.

In speed grade, Adobe did have a very efficient process to copy corrections/grades from clip to clip. Unfortunately that program was killed off and replaced by Lumetri color engine.

I frequently create a base grade/correction on a typical clip and then copy/paste the Lumetri instances from clip to clip, making further adjustments as needed.

If you work with braw footage, you can do color adjustments in the master clips with the Blackmagic Raw effect active on these clips. The benefit of that approach is that all instances of the clips on the timeline will instantly change.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh I found a solution by creating an Auto color preset and learning to apply it to everything on my timeline at once without having to apply this effect to every single thing separately. Now my GoPro videos look better than the raw file from the SD card..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the forum for your screenshots; non of them work in any post.

AnnBens_0-1656613744048.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have a long video with a lot of cut parts.

Use the source clip effect:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/master-clip-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, this is what I frequently use for adjusting settings of my braw clips.

However, it assumes that lighting conditions stay constant for the duration of the clip. If not, you will see a variation happening on the instances of the clip in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come they don't work? They're links to an image uploading site. Others see them.. I don't understand 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come they don't work? They're links to an image uploading site. Others see them.. I don't understand 😕

By @Ignas5EAA

Please just do as asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, next time I will upload images straight to here.

But I got the problem sorted (I think so far). Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto color analyses the clip to apply the best settings, it gets greyed out for a reason.

You can always save it as a preset or copy paste the lumetri effect to other clips but its not advisable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my solution. I managed to save Auto color as a preset and learned to add it to all the clips / photos / stuff on my timeline at once without having to do every single one separately.. Now my exported videos look even better than the original GoPro SD card file footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how the colours compare now with Auto color preset put on.

GoPro raw file.jpgGoPro PP exported washed out file.jpgGoPro PP Auto Color export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't edit post and I don't see the captions of the photos I've written.

1st picture - raw file from GoPro 8 SD card.

2nd picture - washed out exported PP file.

3rd picture - Auto color preset exported PP file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines