• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I deliver a 5.1 + LtRt ProRes 422 using premiere 2020?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am putting together our deliverables for netflix and amazon...   one of the copies they need is a 4k video with 5.1 + lt rt.    I have searched forums for hours and the only solution I saw is to use SMPTE DVT and it doesn't come up as an option in my Premiere 2020.  Is there a better way or am I just missing something basic?  Please help!  

5.1 Audio Mix:

1 = Left

2 = Right

3 = Center

4 = LFE (Low Frequency Effects)

5 = Left Surround

6 = Right Surround

7 = Left Total

8 = Right Total

TOPICS
Audio , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be interested on hearing how you mixed the LtRt as it's not simply a left and right pan, that's called LoRo. 

LtRt is 5.1 compressed into two channels which rather cleverly is then split back into 5 channels (misses the LFE) by dephazing the audio. So you have to put some of the tracks at 90 degree phasing to the others. Otherwise when a player decodes LtRt and it's not encoded properly it will sound very wierd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just guided through this process and it was relatively simple:

1) Create a new Sequence (select whatever codec)

2) Click on Audio settings and set to 5.1

3) Copy old footage from SEQ and post in new sequence.

4) Delete any unused tracks

5) Now in audio export 5.1 options should be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

B Faris, what are your delivery specs?  The original poster wanted to add the left and right tracks to the file...not sure if your workflow will allow this.    I've had to deliver prores quicktime files of feature films with 5.1 and stereo mix tracks with a specific track layout in which each of the individual tracks was on it's own track so you landed up with a timeline with 8 tracks...  The layout of these tracks was in the delivery specs.   But your workflow should be fine if you just need to output a file with  properly configured 5.1 audio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines