• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you apply a transition to multiple clips? NOT using default transition.

Participant ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using CS6

I have videos on one track and titles on another track. I want to apply dissolve to black for the videos and gradient wipe to the titles.

Right now I have to assign dip as the default transition, select all the video, and apply default transition. Then find the gradient wipe, change *that* to the new default transition, select all the titles, and apply default transitions. Then I have to go back and reset my default transition to gradient wipe since that's my "main" default transition.

Uhhhh... why can't we just select a bunch of clips and drag ANY transition to the selection and have it apply just like regular effects? Why force us to do this complicated singular default transition dance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

This works from cs6 through 2017.

apply default transition to selection.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a good Youtube video that explains how to copy and paste transitions. I needed to do this using the cube effect but wanted the effect in reverse. By placing the effect on one cut and changing the setting, I was able to copy the effect and quickly paste it to 70 slides using the DOWN key (on a pc).
Adobe Premiere Pro CC - How to Copy and Paste Transitions - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use for example cross fade on 3 layers you will sometimes experience a transparency issue, especially if you work with logos etc..
The solution is:

You have 2 possibilities:

1- IF EVERYTHING HAS TO HAVE A TRANSITION, A fade in of the timeline or a fade out of the timeline, when you have a BG image, A logo and a bunch of text layers (because they all have to be animated seperately and you don't have time for AE) ?  -> Put your transition on an ADJUSTMENT LAYER over everything. You can use this technique for lots of stuff.

2- IF YOU CREATE A "COMPLEX" BANNER, TITLE ... BUT THE MAIN VIDEO SHOULD STAY AS IT IS, Like with interviews, you create a banner for the title and there are 3 layers (BG, Title & Logo) you want that all to fade in, move in, slide in..etc...? -> Use NEST SEQUENCE, By NESTING you can Group all those layers but still can edit them later if the client decides that his name should be bold, bigger, yellow etc...) and you can then simply apply the wanted transition to that NEST.

PS: For all of those who use both AE & PR never forget the benefits of a nested sequence (premiere) or composition (after effects)!! Can be very handy and timesaving!

Hope that was helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo i found this video and it makes it easier for you

Premiere pro cs6 - apply transition to all clip - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in premier go to effects and video transitions then right click on desired transition and select "set selected as default transition"

then choose track select forward or backward tool and select entire clips then  press shift+D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this saeids. This definitely helps relieve some of my pain... I'm using the push transition a lot, along with video cross dissolves. So I have set up my shortcuts for push as default transition and a second keyboard shortcut for Apply Video Crossfade Transition to handle my video crossfades.

I would say, in principle, it would be nice to be able to create multiple keyboard short cuts for multiple transitions. Right now, I'm ok because I'm relying on mostly these two. But what if I had a third I was using a lot? Only choice would be to switch the default back and forth as needed, which seems like a real hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines