• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How should I export video clips?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a veterinarian doing a research project which requires that I edit smaller clips from large videos.  I'm not a video editor or film maker.  I just want to export the clips to my desktop so that I can review them later and share with colleagues.

So far I am finding Premire Pro to be maddening (it came with a software suite with my university computer, perhaps its jut the wrong program for really basic needs like mine?) but now I can make clips.

However, what the heck format should I be using to export my clips as short movies?  I've tried several different options only to find that I can't play the clips due to lack of the right media player on my laptop.  I have windows media player and VLC media player.  Downloading software has to be done by our IT dept so I can't just add whatever media player I want without going through some hassle.

I can download as JPEG movie but that also saves an individual JPEG of every frame on my laptop, which I don't want and I just spent a bunch of time deleting.

Other formats that I downloaded could not be viewed with my exisiting media player.

If anyone has suggestions for a more intuitive simple program for quickly clipping videos, I am all ears.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

It's true there are many ways to accomplish the basics in Premiere Pro, so in addition to Bill's suggestion, here is what I would propose for the simplest way to export smaller parts of your clips:

1. If you just need to export a section of a longer video, you can import that video in the Project panel, then double click the clip to load it into the Source Monitor. There you can position the playhead on the first frame you want and hit " i " on the keyboard to set your In Point. Then position th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video editing software can drive any of us mad!  It is necessarily complex for those that make blockbuster movies.  The trick for the rest of us is to find and use only the parts and tools we need.    

If it were me, I would use the "Work Area Bars".  They are markers at the top of the timeline.  You move them with your mouse.  The left one is harder to grab because it is normally partially hidden. 

You can also set the left bar with "Alt+[" and the right bar with "Alt+]".

Load the entire large video on the timeline.  Then set the "bars" at the beginning and end of the smaller part you want to keep.  When you export there is a drop down menu choice for "Work Area".   The output will be only the part you marked with the bars. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true there are many ways to accomplish the basics in Premiere Pro, so in addition to Bill's suggestion, here is what I would propose for the simplest way to export smaller parts of your clips:

1. If you just need to export a section of a longer video, you can import that video in the Project panel, then double click the clip to load it into the Source Monitor. There you can position the playhead on the first frame you want and hit " i " on the keyboard to set your In Point. Then position the playhead on the last frame you want and hit " o " to set the Out Point. This sets the In-Out range that you will export, or,
  2. If you already have edited together some clips in a timeline, ignore step 1 and just use that timeline. You can also use the i/o keys to set In and Out points there if you like, then
  3. Use the Quick Export feature which is in the header bar at the top right of the window. The icon is a square with an arrow pointing up. There you can click on the blue path name to set a file name and location to export to, and then you just need to choose an export preset. Use "Match Source – Adaptive High Bitrate" as a good default. This means it will match the frame size and frame rate of your source material and give you a decent balance between visual quality and file size. Use the "Match Source – Adaptive Low Bitrate" if you'd like to sacrifice some visual quality and get a smaller file out of it.
  4. Click Export

Those presets will create a .MP4 file that uses the H.264 video codec. It is by far the most common video format out there today and should be compatible pretty much anywhere, without installing anything extra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you.  That worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you’re dealing with quite a challenge, especially since video editing isn’t your primary focus. Premiere Pro is indeed powerful, but it can be overwhelming for basic tasks. For exporting your clips in a format that’s easily playable, I’d suggest sticking with formats like MP4 or MOV, as they’re universally compatible with most media players, including Windows Media Player and VLC.

Here's a quick guide for exporting in Premiere Pro:

1. In the Export Settings: After setting in and out points for your clip, go to File > Export > Media.
  2. Format: Choose "H.264" from the drop-down menu. This is a codec that outputs an MP4 file, which should work perfectly with your existing media players.
  3. Preset: Select a preset like "Match Source - High Bitrate" to maintain quality.
  4. Output Name: Choose where you want to save the file and make sure it’s set to MP4.

If Premiere Pro continues to feel like overkill, you might find a simpler tool more suited to your needs. Something like Shotcut or HandBrake can help you clip and export without the complexity. Both are open-source and have intuitive interfaces, making them great alternatives for straightforward video editing.

Additionally, if you’re looking for a program that’s easy to use and doesn't require IT intervention for downloading extra software, Windows Photos app has a basic video editor built in, which might be enough for your needs.

Good luck with your research project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems as though you're managing all in all a test, particularly since video altering isn't your essential concentration. Debut Ace is to be sure strong, yet it tends to be overpowering for fundamental undertakings. For sending out your clasps in a configuration that is effectively playable, I'd propose staying with designs like MP4 or MOV, as they're generally viable with most media players, including Windows Media Player and VLC.

Here is a fast aide for sending out in Debut Ace:

In the Commodity Settings: In the wake of setting in and out focuses for your clasp, go to Record > Product > Media.

Design: Pick "H.264" starting from the drop menu. This is a codec that yields a MP4 document, which ought to work impeccably with your current media players.

Preset: Select a preset like "Match Source - High Bitrate" to keep up with quality.

Yield Name: Pick where you need to save the record and ensure it's set to MP4.

If Debut Star keeps on feeling like pointless excess, you could find a less complex instrument more fit to your requirements. Something like Shotcut or HandBrake can help you clasp and commodity without the intricacy. Both are open-source and have instinctive connection points, making them extraordinary choices for clear video altering.

Best of luck with your exploration project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems as though you're managing very much a test, particularly since video altering isn't your essential concentration. Debut Genius is for sure strong, yet it tends to be overpowering for fundamental assignments. For trading your clasps in a configuration that is effectively playable, I'd recommend staying with designs like MP4 or MOV, as they're generally viable with most media players, including Windows Media Player and VLC.

Here is a fast aide for trading in Debut Expert:

In the Product Settings: Subsequent to setting in and out focuses for your clasp, go to Document > Commodity > Media.
Design: Pick "H.264" starting from the drop menu. This is a codec that yields a MP4 record, which ought to work impeccably with your current media players.

Preset: Select a preset like "Match Source - High Bitrate" to keep up with quality.
Yield Name: Pick where you need to save the document and ensure it's set to MP4.
On the off chance that Debut Expert keeps on feeling like pointless excess, you could find a less difficult device more fit to your necessities. Something like Shotcut or HandBrake can help you clasp and product without the intricacy. Both are open-source and have instinctive points of interaction, making them extraordinary choices for direct video altering.

Furthermore, on the off chance that you're searching snptube apk for a program that is not difficult to utilize and doesn't need IT mediation for downloading additional product, Windows Photographs application has an essential video manager worked in, which may be enough for your requirements.

Best of luck with your examination project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines