• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Copy/Paste to select track in Premiere Pro 2022?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Premiere, you could paste a clip into a specific track based on whether or not sed track was highlighted (V1, V2, V3, etc.)

This is no longer a thing you can do in Premiere 2022, and to be honest, it's infuriating. Barring the fact there was no reason to change this feature, how can I paste a copied clip into a certain video track?  (That isn't V1)

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Assign the Paste to Target Track keyboard shortcut.

Paste to Target Track

This new keyboard shortcut provides the same behavior as legacy copy and paste operations. The Paste to Target Track command pastes according to the lowest targeted track(s).

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2022-5.html#paste-same-track

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assign the Paste to Target Track keyboard shortcut.

Paste to Target Track

This new keyboard shortcut provides the same behavior as legacy copy and paste operations. The Paste to Target Track command pastes according to the lowest targeted track(s).

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2022-5.html#paste-same-track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Will be checking update notes from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, actually one other problem. Whenever I paste into a targeted track, every other clip in a track above/below the paseted item will be split apart. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 3.40.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you want the "insert" on the targeted track (and not overwrite). Just lock the other tracks before you paste insert.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for asking this question.   This was bothering me, and still is.   Why would Premiere change this feature? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same reflection I made, the old system was so convenient, i don't find any logic in changing it, especially by also removing the default keyboard command.

I solved it by creating the MAUSIC+V shortcut for Paste to target track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am new to Premiere Pro (relatively, compared to everyone), and I myself don't understand THIS CHANGE, I only paid attention to this feature today, and it only FEEL natural to have the copy PASTE work by default on the track selected , instead of having to go to shortcuts and modify stuff.. etc. Which is less natural.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines