• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix Selector: 9 Error code: 3 Render Errors

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a patient guy but I am becoming extremely concerned that large numbers of users are hitting a brick wall with this one.

By the way, if you want to know how to fix this issue, go to the last couple of lines of this note. I recommend the Premiere team addressed this issue with us publically so we have a steer as to how long we need to wait for a fix.

My render issues started at the end of December 2020. The only thing I did at about that time was to change my workflow by Ingesting my footage for faster editing since I create between 3 and 4 videos per week sometimes with 1,000% speed ramps. Playing that back inside Adobe was tough on resources (although my WIndows 10 PC has massive spec).

So (like you probably have already done), initially I would check where the claimed timecode issue was and I would either remove a transition or trim the timeline by 1-frame, thinking that I had some weird issue with the footage.

But I noticed that by rendering the same project over-and-over again, the errors would be at different timecodes. Have you noticed that too?

To "cure" the problem, I started from scratch, updated everything including the GTX 1080 ti drivers and created a fresh adobe project. Cleared the cache, etc. etc. 

I was convinced that this would solve my issue since I have a boiler-plate template project that I re-used that has my sting / logo at the front of the project and some close of fmusic / title thing at the end.  So I re-created all this inside a brand new project with the latest version of Premiere and Encoder last night in case I was moving the "imaginary" issue from project to project.

However, the issue still exists. 

It's important to note that the timecode is different each time I render - even though as a test, I have not edited anything on the timeline:

Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:03:00:15 - 00:03:00:23
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

I tried three more times and get errors at:

Around timecode: 00:08:18:17 - 00:08:18:18

Around timecode: 00:08:34:25 - 00:08:34:26

Around timecode: 00:07:01:58 - 00:07:02:05

If I keep rendering, I know it will eventually just complete.

And previous projects that HAVE rendered successfully in the past, can also fail. But sometimes don't.

This brand new test project that I have created is only 8:04 long, so I have no idea why it has an error longer than the timeline  (In and Out points were selected for render).

But I digress.

I have created 691 public video projects with Adobe Premiere and in the main, it has done its job. I have lived through the main errors that were normally fixed on the next release (well, maybe the one after) but this time though, my production schedule is being severely impacted. I have worked with computers for 42 years. I own a digital media company. I know my marbles. I generally know what direction to go in to fix an issue. But "Selector: 9 Error code: 3" as an error tells me very little apart from Google telling me that other folks experiencing the same thing - and some extremly random answers from very clever people that have a blinkered approach to life - that in the main also do not work. I have plenty of resources with (mirrored SSD) space, 64Gb memory and a good GPU.

The real problem we all have is that we have invested our TIME in understanding our chosen editor. The reason we all don't abandon Premiere overnight is that most of us are busy, we have a punishing YouTube schedule to work with and the thought of starting over again fills me with dread. I have a ton of other stuff I always need to do, not learn a new tool. But eventually the patient man will snap and he'll take that gut wrenching decision to download another editor, not far from a google search (so far, I have resisted).

By the way, my project has just (finally) completed rendering successfully by switching off the GPU. That will probably cure your issue although the render will take a LONG time to complete (I render at 4k).

Or will it? Because whilst I edited this note, it has also completed by switching ON the GPU. So go figure and good luck.

Callum.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same error killed my patience level EVERY TIME!! But I found a SIMPLE and WORKING solution for this error.

When exporting,

1. Change the format from H.265 to HEVC(H.265)

2. Use preset: HEVC - Match Source - HLG

and Export

So far so good! Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was having this issue with a timeline of just an mp4 and a wav and this worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines