• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "Template" a Selection of Clips for Regular Use?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have imported a combination of video, audio and text clips in order to create an intro to use for my YouTube videos.

Since I want to consistently use this combination of clips together in new projects as my Intro how can I save them all of these clips (with the respective effects I added to them) and essentially make them all into a single template that I can just import into any new project in the future?

I am assuming this has to be possible otherwise I would be spending 30minutes every project getting these different clips into the right order and applying the effects I want. I am also hoping that upon importing the template I will be able to make edits to the clips, such as changing the text from Episode 1 to Episode 2 for example.

Apologies for I guess a newbie question but I'm still learning and have searched all over YouTube but there seems no straightforward solution.

Appreciate your time,

Sara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the sequence in a separate project.

Ingest sequence via Media Browser when needed in different project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Export as a Cineform YUV 10 bit file (under QuickTime format).  Bring that new video file into all new projects.

2. Set up a new project with all the desired settings.  Create the opening segment.  Save that project as "Intro".  When you begin a new project, start by opening the Intro project, and then immediately perform a Save As with the desired project name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I tried doing this, but when I import the exported intro file it's all merged into just 1 audio and video clip, I can't edit the text, I can't change anything individually like the opacity of 1 thing without changing the other etc. Surely there is a way to export a clip and be able to import it and then edit each of the clips freely?

Otherwise it's just a template I cannot make any changes to without ruining it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to edit the intro at all, method 1 won't work.  You'll have to go with method 2 or Ann's suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could select all your clips and title and right click to convert to motion graphic template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also create a Premiere Pro template file project with your intro sequence already created in it. Every time you start a new project, start with this Premiere Pro template project file, open it up, save as...in your new project location.

Then repeat for every project going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the method 2 I previously listed, Gal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't see it until now, thx, it was cut off in the feed, Jim_Simon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines