How to speed up playback just a little?

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When playing timeline you can press lower case "L" to speed up the playback.

But it speeds up too much. Is there a way to speed up not as much?

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022
Hi avpromedia, I see your issue. Have you tried Shift + JKL? That will variably control JKL playback speed. Try it out. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Kevin

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good feature request.  Premiere Pro is hard-wired to double the playback speed each time that we press L, but it would be great to set 1.25, 1.5. 1.75, etc.

You can increase the speed of the clip a little bit such that it plays faster than 100% playback speed (Clip > Speed/Duration), but I'm not sure that's a good way to approach it.  It might work for setting Markers and changing it back to 100% when done.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi avpromedia,

I see your issue. Have you tried Shift + JKL? That will variably control JKL playback speed. Try it out. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works much better! Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be even better to display the current playback speed.

Also how do I pause playback, then resume at the same speed (instead of resetting to 1x)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines