Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to type fractions (and other specialty characters) in PP?

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding in Text Layers into my timeline and need fractions. I went looking for an answer online and learned about the Legacy Title feature, but (as far as I can figure out) that doesn't work on the Text Layer. In other Adobe products the special characters are under Open Type, but I can't find information online about that in PP. 

How do we type speical characters into a Text Layer in PP? 

In the end, I cut and past the characters I needed from a random webpage into th Text Layer, but I'd like to know the correct way.  

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware, Premiere Pro does not support OpenType features. (I'm admittedly no typeface expert, but I know I've tried to look for OTF features before and couldn't find any). Come to think of it, I don't think After Effects supports it either.

I think that you did works fine, and is what I've done too. I think the only other option would be to import them into Photoshop or Illustrator, make the text appear as you want, and import that as a graphic into Premiere.

Maybe we can keep our fingers crossed for OpenType support down the road. Ironically enough, wasn't Adobe part of OpenType's creation? Eh, I digress.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for not resplying sooner. If I check on my phone the reminder disapears and I forget. And thank you for the reply. I think you're correct, there is not open type available. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try using Character Map if Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines