Exit

I can not update my driver

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open my premiere pro 20. It shows this message: 
Screenshot_2.png
I try to fix this problem and I want to update my Intel HD Graphics 5500 to Intel HD Graphics 4600 v.20.19.15.5063 version. When I install this driver, it shows this error:
Screenshot_3.png
What can I do? Dear expert people, help me. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Guess what? Your system is now too old to be compatible with Premiere Pro 2020. You see, Intel had discontinued mainstream support for all of its 5th- and earlier-generation CPUs a few years ago. And the 4-digit model number of the Intel HD Graphics is a giveaway that it is an older-generation CPU. Adobe now requires a 6th- or newer-generation CPU just to run Premiere Pro properly. And these newer CPUs have only three-digit-long model numbers for the Intel HD or UHD Graphics (e.g. UHD Graphics 6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of Graphics Card (GPU) do you have installed on your system? A HD Graphics 5500 or HD Graphics 4600? You cannot simply install software drivers for things that aren't there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? Your system is now too old to be compatible with Premiere Pro 2020. You see, Intel had discontinued mainstream support for all of its 5th- and earlier-generation CPUs a few years ago. And the 4-digit model number of the Intel HD Graphics is a giveaway that it is an older-generation CPU. Adobe now requires a 6th- or newer-generation CPU just to run Premiere Pro properly. And these newer CPUs have only three-digit-long model numbers for the Intel HD or UHD Graphics (e.g. UHD Graphics 630). Every single driver that is compatible with the older CPUs will trigger the exact same comptibility warning in Premiere Pro.

I am very, very sorrry to tell you this, but your system is now effectively obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My daughter has exectly the same problem. The drivers are up to date but error message still remaines. She has a HP laptop Intel core i7-3612QM generation. I understand this will not work with Adobe After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects will not run properly on that laptop. It absolutely requires a 7th-Gen or newer Intel Core CPU in order to run properly. Plus, Intel had ended all further support for all 3rd-Gen CPUs in 2019 although critical security patches continued until October 2020 for the IGP (graphics) drivers for the now-10-year-old CPU line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this Information. That's very clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines