• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to apply lumetri color "curves" settings to multiple clips- Color Correction to multiple clip

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply lumetri color "curves" settings to multiple clips. I am familar with using command c and then command v for applying changes made in FX control such as scale and then applying it to mulitple clips but I have not figured out how to apply the same lumetri color curve adjustments to multiple clips. The idea was that I would make some minute changes globally to all the individual clips and then have an adjustment layer over that that would further unify the clips.  I would like to color correct and then maybe use the adjustment layer as a color grade just as a clarification. What would you recommend? I just don't want to have one clip brighter or darker than the next one like i had in another video before this one. Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

You can do this in a number of ways.

First, I'll typically find by viewing large thumbs in a bin, that many clips from one camera are nearly identical. I'll correct one on a sequence of only that clip, copy then 'cut' the Lumetri instance from the Effects Control Panel of that sequence, select all those clips in the bin and past ... Ctrl/Cmd-V the Lumetri effect onto all of them at once.

This method puts that Lumetri effect on the Source settings for all those clips, and will be applied anyw

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this in a number of ways.

First, I'll typically find by viewing large thumbs in a bin, that many clips from one camera are nearly identical. I'll correct one on a sequence of only that clip, copy then 'cut' the Lumetri instance from the Effects Control Panel of that sequence, select all those clips in the bin and past ... Ctrl/Cmd-V the Lumetri effect onto all of them at once.

This method puts that Lumetri effect on the Source settings for all those clips, and will be applied anywhere in the project any bit of any of those clips is used.

You can copy a clip in a sequence then select other clips and select "paste attributes" which brings up a dialog box allowing you to select which attributes (effects) to paste to that group of clips.

I don't use Adjustment Layers that often any more, except for adding some over-all things for an entire scene or more typically the job.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!! this really solved my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry I replied to the wrong person here and couldn't delete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines