Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Importing vector .ai file into Premiere Zooming pixelated and Blurry

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I imported my illistrator file (.ai) which is vector image into premiere and I am trying to zoom into a particular area. When I zoom in the image it is not clear. I so not know what I need to do. I do not see a rasterize option and do not want to have to use premiere pro. Is there a simple fix to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018
Ai files get rasterized on import.Make sure you have enough file resolution to zoom in.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ai files get rasterized on import.

Make sure you have enough file resolution to zoom in.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have it, use after effects for just that part as there is the option to have it scale like a vector should. Outside of that, as Ann said, just make the file huge and scale down later.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there really no other format I can import (vector) that will stay as a vector and not rasterize ? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there really no other format I can import (vector) that will stay as a vector and not rasterize ? 

By @arkid

No, not in Premiere Pro. Use After Effects as it is superiour compared to Premiere Pro when it comes to vector graphics from Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have more luck importing ai files into photoshop as linked files and then importing the psd into Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines