Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Input lag, keyboard and mouse

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha all!

Since upgrading to CC2020, I'm experiencing dramatic lag betwen when I use a control and when the program responds. There can several seconds between when I press "K" and the playhead stops moving, or between when I click to select a tool and the tool becomes available. If I single-click a clip to select it then want to right-click to access something from that pop-up menu, I have to wait for a count of "two Mississippi" before the right-click works. 

iMac Pro 2017, 3.2 GHz Inten Xenon W, 32 GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 64 x/16 GB RAM, OS 10.14.6

I have the same issue on my home machine, a much older and more modest 27" iMac. Both performed flawlessly on CC 2019.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man so many people are having these issues I being one of them. I've been having lag issues since early July and I finally got so fed up that I ended up backing up my personal and work files and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, drivers and other software and now no more issues. Just reached the point where I got tired of waiting on Adobe and doing and reading all the "solutions" and suggestions to no avail. Hope this helps even though it's a last resort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is this a last resort.  Something in your system was obviously wonky...  could have been an adobe issue or easily have been something else...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I see you're an Adobe pro.. Hoping you can help me. I'm having the same problem but worse, I've tried everything the forums recommend but bubkis. I had a 2018 macbook, got so frustrated I just bought a brand new MacBook 16' I9 yata yata. Openned the session on new mbp and same thing. Have a deadline this week for a $20,000 job. I at the end but have to make revisions, client is getting upset. Please HELP ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe we can talk on the phone or even better zoom or teamviewer and I can get a better idea of what's happening.  My email is mgrenadier@gmail.com. Don't know if this is a violation of the rules of the forum, but I'm guessing we'll find out if it is.   I'm pretty busy tomorrow, but maybe I can squeeze something in.  

But first, tell us how much RAM you've got installed on your system and your graphics card.  Hopefully they meet the specs.  And then tell us your source properties and your sequence settings.  Are any of your sources screen recordings or shot on a smartphone.  Then the problem is probably sources with a variable frame rate.   

There are a few things to try.  Disconnect your computer from the internet either by turning off wifi, or pulling the ethernet cable.  Make sure no other programs are running.  Try creating a new user with administrator privileges and log in to that account.   Disconnect any peripherals except for your media drive...

Is there at least 20% free space on your startup drive and 10% free space on your media drive?  How is your media drive connected to the macbookpro?  If it's a physical hard drive, what's the interface?  Hopefully thunderbolt, or minimally usb3...  You might want to run diskutility:  first aid on the media drive and start from the recovery partition and run it on your startup drive.  If you've got diskwarrior (a very useful utility) you might try running it as it can repair problems with the way files are stored on your hard drives.  It does one thing and it does it very well and it's saved my life a few times.

If you create a new project without any media, do you see the same lag?  If not, try adding one or 2 pieces of representative media and see if it reappears.  If not, you might try creating a new project and importing your old problematic project rather than opening it and see if things will work better.

You've got some things to try.  Please try them in a methodical manner and let us know what happens.  These things are never simple to diagnose from a distance unless we take things step by step.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael

This is an ongoing issue with adobe on the PC running any Nvidia Graphics. I have a massive HP Z8 Workstation with 192 GB of Ram and SSD's for Application drive and media drives. I am trying to do a simple two camera Multicam Edit. The machine works for about 45 miuntes an then the keyboard lag problem begins. 

I have Reset Windows twice. I have had High level adobe support and they can find nothing. I am seriously considering dumping the HP and moving to a Mac Studio with M1 Chipset. The fundimental issue is Nvidia CUDA and Windows 10. It is so frustrating as I have a consideerable investment in this harware and it does not work. 

Adobe needs to fix these fundimental issues and make Premier a rock solid editing platform rather than focusing on nifty new AI enhancment features. All of these problems started shortly after Windows came out with the "Creator Edition Win 10" and their forced updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I thought it was my home-made high end PC, I changed for a high-end HP with RTX 3080 and 64Go of RAM, same problem. I fell desperate. PLEASE ADOBE FIND THE PROBLEM AND SOLVE IT !!! Impossible to edit my client's videos !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit on both windows and macs and haven't seen this problem and I try and monitor this forum to stay ahead of problems that may occur.  The windows machine is a custom built machine but about 6 years old and was never the best editing system but never seen this issue.    Are you seeing this issue in any other program or just Premiere?  Please tell us what version of Premiere you're using and what your source properties and sequence settings are...  Do you have any peripherals besides mouse and keyboard connected?   Are you running ANY other programs at the same time as Premiere?  If so, quit any other programs running.  Troubleshooting from a distance is never simple and it's important to approach this in a systematic fashion and although you may not be happy with some of the troubleshooting steps, this is about troubleshooting and not about the way you'll necessarily need to work once we figure out what's going on.    One thing that can apparently cause problems is if you're using the gaming drivers for the video card...  You need to use the studio drivers...  Not sure how that would cause this problem, but just an example of where things can get complicated...

Sometimes creating a new user account with administrator privileges and signing in to that account can help sus out the issue.  Where are you storing the media, an internal drive or an external drive (if external, how is connected?)

This is just the beginning of the troubleshooting process.  Happy to help you with this, but understand you'll need to devote some time to this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my reply was aimed at lionela8931399 not your post...  glad you're happy with DR.  For me, the editing interface sucks and the color correction interface is great although very deep.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved on since that post. Stopped fully with Premiere early 2022. I’m a DR
guy now. Haven’t looked back since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines