• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Encore with CC is no longer available

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download Encore. All Tutorials say to install CS6 for that, via the "earlier Versions" Function in CC. But I can't choose CS6, as seen in the Screenshot below.

Screenshot (406).PNG

[Title edited to reflect Adobe's new policy]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

You can use Encore now only if you have an old perpetual license. It is no longer available as part of a subscription

If there are any options available to you, you can contact customer care.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranger1118  wrote

To make things (much) worse, it was only 3 weeks ago that I finally disposed of my CS6 disks, thinking I would have no further need of 7 year old disks.

What David said. Even if you don't have your serial number, you should be able to get it from your Adobe account as long as you registered it. Log in to adobe.com (not the forum). Then:

Manage my account -> Plans -> My Products

My CS6 was an upgrade, and I think I always had to put in a CS5 disk if I did not have CS5 installed. Not sure how that might work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still a regular way to install Encore CS6 with your CC subscription. Find the CS6 Master Collection trial or Premiere CS6 Trial, and choose to install Encore CS6. There are 3 options when you start the install process: trial, serial number and subscription. Choose subscription and you'll have a functional version of Encore CS6 with your valid CC subscription. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be it Encore or something else, the point still remains that professionals expect a viable solution to making high quality DVD and Blu Ray menus, along with an overall full disc authoring suite.

I'm not sure where the "epiphany" of "Oh, noone wants physical media any more" came from. Digital downloads / Streaming IS NOT, IN FACT, the professional option, regardless of that being -complimentry- or -supplementry- to a physical media release.

To anyone from Adobe:

Products such as Encore, are ideal as that both encompas the needs of full disc authoring, as well as being a cross-platform (Windows and Mac at least), which makes their learning curve tolerable. While I've never fancied the effort required to make Encore work, as compared to the "ease" of something like Roxio Toast or Apple iDVD. Products like Toast fail to allow extensive user editing and provide inferrior video quality. Products like Apple iDVD were absolutely GREAT for the budget conscious and entry-level professional, but never extended to Blu Ray.

So again, I say: Be it Encore or some yet unreleased software, AV professionals require a DVD / Blu Ray authoring suite, including custom menu capabilities. If you're abandoning Encore, we need you to step up and get something else rolling to cover the same needs. Physical Media IS NOT DEAD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Adobe is the scummiest companies out there.

I purposly switched to the monthly subscription because Adobe said "All your old versions will always be available."

Anyone hear of any class action lawsuits forming to combat that shady techniques?

Also, I heard they did this because they we even bigger scumbags and weren't paying Dolby the proper amount based on their contract, so now we can't use Dolby either.

Everyone should find alternatives like Davinci Resolve because you shouldn't operate like a bunch of scumbags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Conversation locked: old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines