• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to duplicate or show two Program Monitors?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to see 'Program monitor' on two monitors at the same time. Is it possible? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

You can see the program in the "program monitor" window in your workspace, as well as send a Video Out signal though the "Playback" options (in preferences) to however many monitors you would like that are connected to the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

It works, but I need playback on both monitors and my reference monitor shows new frame only when I pause playback.

Program monitor shows video playing like always. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I just tried, and I swear that you used to be able to do this with the reference monitor! Mercury Playback it is then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, not possible. most people end up using a video monitor from some hardware ( like BM 4k pro SDI output from PCI-E X16 mobo slot ). There are external hardware devices available to split up signals ( route ) to stuff too.. and all this gets a bit complex so you'd have to research it and also check out the expenses.

This is a video monitor on top with a field monitor on bottom ( I use as slate sometimes with VITC). The hero monitor ( correct color ) is the top one, using a pass through SDI from that to the field monitor.

Two monitors to left ( out of frame ) are Eizo primary color calibrated and a junk HP monitor for scopes and stuff.

FIELD MONITOR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the program in the "program monitor" window in your workspace, as well as send a Video Out signal though the "Playback" options (in preferences) to however many monitors you would like that are connected to the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is what I need:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a small latency between those two screens. You can adjust it by going to preferences/playback and changing offset. In my case it was 20ms. You can test it by recording both monitors with smartphone (120fps if you can) and then checking it frame by frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget, although you have your correct answer already... that when you choose your playback options in your preferences, you are actually 'choosing' which video monitors or other hardware routing system you want to use... which is basically what I said to begin with,

You can't just duplicate the program monitor and play it out of your video card to another monitor, which is what you would ideally like to do.

good luck !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see its an old post but replying anyway as I just got it working after Adobe support. 

Preferences>Playback>Video Device (select all of the monitors and Adobe DV) It should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines