• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a patch coming for the new update?

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall a previous update if there is one in the works. 

This latest update breaks Premiuer Pro.  While editing the playhead will just freeze to your mouse.  You can move your mouse back and forth and the playhead just follows it.  You cannot edit you cannot do anything else.  You have to close the program and relaunch it.  It will work for a little bit then it does it again. 

When trying to export you video it will freeze.  I've seen others say it freezes at 34 min but mine freezes at around 2:31 every single time. 

I have cleared all my cache. I have started a new project and imported this one in.  I have started another project cause I thought maybe my file was corrupted.  Same issue.   

Never had any issues with the previous version.   I checked the forums and others are posting similiar issues with the new update.  I hope Adobe doesn't do this thing where they think its everyone elses issue and doesn't look into fixing it for months. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont thinks so for a while unless something is seriously broken.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something IS seriously broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have freeze issues.

If you think you found a bug, post here.

Premiere Pro: user voice – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe has realized now something is wrong with so many posts on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 2nd thought. I have a project I need to finish.  Going to roll back the changes until this is fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're having issues while working in the latest version of Premiere Pro.

I find it helpful to disable "Remove old versions" in the preferences for Creative Cloud Desktop.

Creative Cloud Desktop (version 5.7.0.1307 under macOS Big Sur 11.6) Preferences for Premiere Pro with Remove older versions disabled.Creative Cloud Desktop (version 5.7.0.1307 under macOS Big Sur 11.6) Preferences for Premiere Pro with Remove older versions disabled.

This allows the prior version to remain installed while we test out the latest version, making it easy to contiunue working in the prior version if needed.

I usually keep the latest version and the version before that installed.  Once I'm confident newer versions are working as expected, I use Creative Cloud Desktop to delete an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC desktop looks different.

I dont see any Remove older versions.

Not sure but I think that question comes up when updating/upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WarrenHeaton_0-1650220807542.png

That's Adobe Creative Cloud version 5.7.0.1307 under macOS Big Sur 11.6.

Of course, even if the appearance is different, the option to disable "Remove old versions" should be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same version on windows

This is my Preferences > Apps

AnnBens_0-1650221296720.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I have on Window 11 Home version 21H2.

Creative Cloud Desktop updated as soon as I logged in today.

WarrenHeaton_0-1650223527798.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is certainly weird. 3 things:

1) If Miked updated from 22.2 to 22.3, he does not have the option to keep previous versions. You can only have one version of 22. He can roll back to 22.2. The previous version issue is only relevant to an upgrade?

2) You only see the general screen with "previous versions" if you have Autoupdate (apps) active. I would never do this.

3) I have a  regular Windows 10 Pro PC and a Surface Pro Win 10 Pro. Both show exactly the same versions of the Cloud Desktop, including all the components listed in the about screen. I discovered after playing around that the Surface is not showing the latest app updates. If I turn on Autoupdates, I see the various apps, and the Advanced options has a "previous version" switch if I choose to upgrade. I DO NOT have the general previous version switch.

I cannot log out of the cloud desktop on the Surface. I'll restart and check it out later.

The other PC shows what Ann shows, and DOES NOT HAVE a general auto-update switch.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just check my Mac. Looks the same as my window version.

Do you have a regular subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I really liked some of the features in the new update.  I was able to roll back the changes with the Adobe Cloud to the previous version.  Now I don't have any issues.  Ill update it again in a few months and see if its any better.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people are hitting this issue at 34:46 (or really close to it.) We have identified that the issue is related to audio.   Can you tell me about your audio channelization.  Do you have source clips with multichannel audio?  Is your sequence configured for more than stereo.  We are working quickly on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason mine had issues earlier than 34:46 is because I cut my video short at around 30 min.  The reason I did that was the audio right around that number just locked up.  I thought at first it was a corrupt file.  Started a new project with new footage and had the same issue. 

All my footage is just recorded gameplay from OBS.  Nothing special about it.  Any additional audio is normally music clips or sound effects clips.  In this case however it was just the audio from the game we were playing at the time.  I did not edit the audio in anyway.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The changes to the GUI are horrible. I hope they go back to the old layout. How could the staff at Adobe not realize things are worse? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could the staff at Adobe not realize things are worse? 

That's as always a matter of opinion. For any of us, conflating our opinions with "everyone!" is rather an odd thing to do.

There are many users for whom the new Import/Export pages are awesome. Yay for them, right?

I'm ... able to see how to set them up to actually use them well, but it takes a bit of work to change all the defaults and make more presets. So I can use them if I want to, or as quickly as before, not use them.

You and some others hate them ... and this is entirely normal. Every editor I know does everything differently than any other editor.

Everyone's mileage always varies.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the issue I have with the new UI.  

In the old layout if i need to go to tab between Editing, Color, Effects, Audio ect.. all i had to do was click those across the top of the software. 

With the new UI in order to do that I either have to remember all the shortcuts or go to Window>Workspaces>then hit each one. 

I am not an expert at this software and if there was an easier way or a way to get those tabs back then please share.  I thought the Panel for exporting though was awesome.  I also loved some of the new features.  The UI thing after I rolled back the changes might just be what keeps me from updating again even after all the issues are patched. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not an expert at this software and if there was an easier way or a way to get those tabs back then please share.

By @Miked24

Use the beta: Adobe improved the workspace feature. Much Better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Workspaces drop-down in the upper right, choose "Show workspace tabs" and you can see a couple. And there's a bar to the left of them.

Hover over that bar, "grab" it, and drag left. You can see several workspaces now.

I still argue with them that this should allow use to pull ALL workspaces out. And will be arguing this in person again starting tomorrow here at NAB.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines