• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to set labels/names based on clip segments, not the clip source?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My editing workflow in the past has relied pretty heavily on the ability to change the color label and/or name of a specific cut of a clip within the timeline, and not affecting the others.

It looks like there's been some recent update where this is no longer possible. If you rename or change the label of any cut of a clip, it will change it everywhere else that source file is used as well.

Is there any way to bring back that old behavior of labeling/renaming? Or do I have to change my entire workflow now?

Thanks much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

I believe that is an option/setting in the File/project settings dialog, apply color labels to all instances.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is an option/setting in the File/project settings dialog, apply color labels to all instances.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue, however the "Display the Item Name and label color for all instances" is nowhere to be found. Did they move it somewhere else?

CODY5FAC_1-1631627056695.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has been moved, it's no longer a project setting, but a timeline/sequence setting.

So go to the Timeline panel and click on the wrench icon, which is the Timeline panel settings menu. The top option there is "Show Source Clip Name and Label".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil!

That did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > Project Settings > General and uncheck "Display the Item Name and label color for all instances":

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 7.52.31 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well, in a way. My audio tracks won't change color label whatsoever, with or without that setting checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be great if Premiere could separate name from label color. Color Labels could be changed depending on which timeline one is and shouldnt be tied down to original label color, same as naming these two should be independant as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines