• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jerky animation

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made an animated intro in AE 10 sek long. It is simply a disk with text that is brought up from nothing to full while rotating and then softly stops. This works fine in AE and imported to PP (latest version 2020) it stil works fine until I render it along with the rest of the film scenes. Everything else in the film runs nice and smoth but the animated intro now runs jerky. What is rong??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render as in making preview files or exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

the answer is render making preview files.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the preview codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The codec was set to DVCPRO HD 1080i/50, but as the file is scanned 8mm film I had the sequence setting for the video to progressive so I found it logical to change the preview codec to 1080p/25 (I should have done that initially of course). It helped a little. 

Now, I could live with a jerky preview as long as the exported film is o.k., so I did a test exporting a short bit of the film as MPEG2-DVD (because I intend to print it to DVD) but also as H.264, but I couldn't find any major differences in the outcome of these. The animation runs better still but not perfect. 

Another issue that I encounter is something that I have brought up before and I believe you tried to help me there. When I start a new project I have the timeline set to show seconds (wich I believe is the default setting) but somewhere along with my work I suddenly find that the timeline is set to show frames and that cannot be changed. When I right-click on the frame number in the upper left corner of the timeline I don't get any option to "frame". 

As I write this and go back and forth to the program I find the time line has hanged. This is easily managed by restarting the program but then I find that some scenes are no longer rendered. 

So for short the program is not perfectly stable.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines