• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Keep a moving object centered in Premiere or After Effects?

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this short video clip:

https://youtu.be/hanWH5AZGFY

Don't mind the quality, I zoomed in that portion so you can see it better.

I want to crop the sides out and focus on the moving guy. He lifts his pistol up and then back down. You can see towards the end I start walking away so the camera moves.

I have the full video playing, and I want him up in the corner of the video zoomed in so you can see his movement. What's the easiest way to keep him centered?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there's an easier way, but what I did.. cut the video track, duplicate it, add a mask on one, and then put up a ruler and two guides and then key framed the whole 5 seconds and keep moving the video clip x and y coordinates to keep her centered. Took awhile.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would post this in the After Effects forum. In After Effects you could use point tracking/stabilize motion and set a track point on something like his hat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines