• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Media window is stuck, can't click on anything or esc out of it

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning, I was relinking media files and ran into one that said "general error" so I clicked cancel and then clicked the "locate" button again on the Link Media window. The additional pop-up window opened but I soon realized that nothing is clickable- not even "cancel." If I click behind the pop-up window, I get a "pop" noise but that's it. I can't click on any dropdown menus, options buttons or anything on the left-hand side (Finder). See attached screen recording- PP has not crashed and all other programs are accessible on my computer too. Also, I CAN click on all of the Premiere menus along the top of the screen but everything is grayed out. Any solutions so I can save my project??

I am on a 2017 iMac Pro running Monterey 12.12.1

Thanks!   

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resize that import window. Literally, grab the lower right corner to resize the window, make it super tiny or super large, then set it back to your liking, you should then be able to click everything. And it should stay fixed.

This appears to be a Monterey bug, not a Premiere issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A follow up question: Have you resized your Finder sidebar icon size? I've noticed if Sidebar is set to Small, this will randomly occur on ALL import/save dialogue boxes, not just Premiere.

With the default of Medium, this does not occur.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 12.06.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions!

I checked my Finder sidebar and my setting is on Medium.

I also have figured out that the media file I am trying to relink seems to be corrupt. After I get the "general error" and the new window pops up, I've tried shrinking and extending that window but to no avail- the only fix is force quit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that window up, can you press tab to do anything? Or press escape to close the window? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Escape does nothing and none of the window options work. I have full mouse (and keyboard) control and I can resize the window- but I can't click on anything within that window. When I click on the window behind it (PP window), it makes a short "pop" noise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact issue, same symptoms and everything, but resizing that import window from super tiny to super huge and back suddenly "popped" everything back into working normally.

Something else to try: When the relink window comes up, can you press cancel, then when you're at the timeline, go to File - Save As. Do you get the same experience with the Save window? Aka: save being greyed out, unable to click. If so, try doing the resize trick there as well. I'm very curious if only your import window is affected or if the save window does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines