Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing rendered multicam audio waveforms on restart

Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As the title states, I have a multi-camera sequence and I have rendered the audio to show the waveforms, which works fine.

However, if I close and restart Premiere, I lose those previews, every single time. I just get the audio track with a red line through it, and no waveform.

I have my Audio Previews scratch folder set to Same as Project, and I don't see any permissions issues with that folder.

I am on CC 2017.0.2. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Hi rkatelobo,

Sounds like you're having a bout of unexpected behavior with audio waveforms disappearing. My colleagues and I were able to reproduce your error on both Mac and PC. Very sorry for this problem! We are filing a bug and hope to get this fixed ASAP. We appreciate your patience on this while we get the problem fixed. If you have time, could you file a bug from your side, as well? That would be so helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After wasting a good hour rendering audio and searching the internet for a fix, I went back into the project, right-clicked on the multi-cam sequence clip in the Project window, and chose "Link Media". Once I linked to the source audio file, it worked. One thing to note: this does NOT work if you right-click the file in the timeline. Find the Multicam file, right-click, link media.

C'MON ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not fixed yet. @kevin_monahan you should work faster on bugfixing if you dont want to loos customers. so many bugs in this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the year of our lord 2022 I'm having this exact issue. Waveforms randomly disappear across the timeline. Can be recreated with a lengthy audio render (like 30 minutes for a 6 minute sequence - another bug in multicam audio?) Sometimes just disappearing, sometimes disappearing to be replaced with a thin red line across the whole track. Sometimes reappearing just as randomly! Starting to understand the haters who want to cut on AVID...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only this bug still exists, but when rendering audio, a 3gb original source audio file becomes over 100gb on disk cache once the "render audio" is done. There is something very wrong about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023 and this bug has never been fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

April 2024.  Samezees.

Premiere Pro 24.3 Beta
2021 MacBook Pro M1

Ventura 13.4.1c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines