• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost timecode

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my latest project I suddenly find that the program monitor and the timeline displays frames and not the timecode. I can't find a way to change that. The source monitor displays the timecode and there is also an option to choose between frames and timecode. If I open an older project I find the timecode displayed in the project monitor and timeline just as I want. Is there a bug here?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the timeline, right click on the counter display and choose timecode from the drop down menu:

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 5.26.54 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg,

Thanks for your rapid reply!

Problem is that what you suggest is just what can't be done! I right click but I get no otions, just "frames". The same with corresponding counter display in the program monitor. I've just uninstalled the program through Creative Cloud, restarted my computer and then re-installed the program, but sadly enough that did no good. So, what do I do now??

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click on the blue numbers, are you offered any choice?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-clicking on the blue numbers reveals a grey area, as in your picture above, but instead of different choices there is only one: "Frames".

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you try changing it from the sequence settings?

While you are at it, can yhou please post a screenshot of the seauence settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian

No there is no way to do that. I have added two jpg pictures. One from project settings and one from sequence settings. The quality is not so good but I hope you can dechiffer the figures.

By the way, I've just started a new minor project just to see what happens, and what do you know, now the timecode shows up just as it should! It seems to me that there must be something corupt with just that only project that I have questioned about. But it's just about finished so it turns out that it's not a big problem anymore assuming that my further projects will behave correctly.

PeterProject settings.jpgSequence settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then try to import a project into another. or open both and copy the contents from one sequence to another.

I was trying to duplicate your issue, but I don't even have the 16fps as a timebase. Would love more insights about your project.

Also, I suggest you edit on a sequence with a common fps, and export as 16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your sequence is 15 fps or less it will only display frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

The source is scanned 8mm film so the sequence is set to 16 fps. I have done several similar projects earlier and always use the same settings. I've just checked that I haven't made any misstake there.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry if you’ve already tried it but right click on timeline where the time code should be (options for mark in, mark out etc) go to the bottom option time ruler numbers. Is that what you meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines