• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low Exception error: Gpu Filter (Universe plugin)

Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately I've been running into issues with Adobe Premiere for over a year now with my new PC.
As soon as I use the hardware accelerated plugins from Red Giant - Universe, my adobe crashes or playback stops. And as I try to render the video it also crashes. I've contacted Red Giant/Maxon, but they can't reproduce the problem on their end.

I believe this is an issue between AMD and Premiere unfortunately.

Switching from video renderer to Software only instead of Hardware accelerated does seem to stabilize it and create fewer crashes however, having render times of over 10 hours is just no option for me.

Video: 
https://youtu.be/APVgjQ7GQb8

Specs CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
RAM 32 GB (2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 or 3200)
Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 6800 Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming Pro x570 WIFI
Soundcard: Focusrite 2i4 (2nd Gen)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor WINDOWS 10 PRO

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried some new steps,

- BIOS update
- Chipset driver update
- Fresh/clean install GPU drivers
- Updated gpu Radeon 6800 to 22.5.2 

Slightly more stable with about 15 % less crashes. I can render a clip which lasts less than 1 Second with a universe effect on it. But other than that still crashes and errors.

Here's some extra pictures. I pray somebody can help as I pay a lot of money for this plugin.Universeglitch_0 (without Universe Plugin).pngUniverseglitch_1 (With Universe Plugin).pngUntitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unresolved. AMD, Adobe and Maxon/Red Giant keep pointing fingers at eachother unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your plugins up to date?

You may want to contact Maxon Support:

https://www.maxon.net/en/support-center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and why does Adobe keep pointing towards Maxon. I've been in contact with them for over a year now, we cannot figure it out that's why I'm coming to this community forum.

Sorry for my attitude, but it's a bit frustrating when people don't read my first post correctly. I literally stated "I've contacted Red Giant/Maxon, but they can't reproduce the problem on their end."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a bit frustrating when people don't read my first post correctly. I literally stated "I've contacted Red Giant/Maxon, but they can't reproduce the problem on their end."

By @JesseJoeyJames

Sorry, I just read the bold type in the main body.  I didn't read the lighter print under the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was also in the bold part, but all good. 
I was also aware of the other Maxon issues, as those affected me as well earlier this year. But that's solved by updating Maxon, I am on the latest version.

This however is a totally different issue, which I suspect has something to do with the way AMD / Premiere handle GPU acceleration / rendering. 

I also contacted AMD but their responses always come just a few days before my Ticket expires and then I forget to respond in time, some very frustrating customer service. So progress with them has been slow. Therefore hoping to see if I can speak to a developer behind Adobe to reach out to AMD, maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and why does Adobe keep pointing towards Maxon. 

By @JesseJoeyJames

Because there was a recent issue with Maxon that was fixed by an update from Maxon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/GYYd7xiRLE0

New video showcasing a similar problem with GPU accelerated plugins from Red Giant Universe inside Adobe Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also these two threads showcase that this issue is very similar to problems with gpu acceleration for macbook 16inch 2021. Which was fixed by a ADOBE UPDATE.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/glitchy-preview-on-a-macbook-pro-16-quot-in-...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/ae-2020-not-working-on-brand-new-16-inch-ma...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which also happen to have AMD GPU's to be precise the Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke to a Adobe virtual assistent. And they said all I can do for now is wait for an Adobe update/fix, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Did you manage to find a solution to this?

I'm also having similar problems to yours, but I'm on an Intel and Nvidia combo albeit on a laptop not on a desktop.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines