Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

LUT is automatically applied Sony .mxf

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Premiere v22 on an imac pro.

When opening existing projects from older versions some of my footage has a mutliplied LUT and the colors are oversaturated and blown out.  I'm using S-log footage .mxf from a Sony FS5/FS7. I tried to disable source effects clips and it is greyed out. I tried to modify the clip and it shows that it is using the source type (screengrab attached)

Anyone else having this issue?

My workaround is to turn off the LUT and readjust the color, but it is time consuming.

I'd like the project to open up the way it was created without having to readjust.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jessey

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Formats, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021
Interpret the Footage to 709 and you should be back in the ballgame, JJ. Welcome to the brave new world of HDR. This is not a bug, but a feature. It is now set up so that you can have HDR clips and an HDR sequence. You do still need to create a HDR export preset, however.  If you prefer the legacy workflow, that is how you deal with it; via the Interpret Footage dialog box and "Colorspace Override" set to Rec. 709. Thanks, Kevin

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interpret the Footage to 709 and you should be back in the ballgame, JJ. Welcome to the brave new world of HDR. This is not a bug, but a feature. It is now set up so that you can have HDR clips and an HDR sequence. You do still need to create a HDR export preset, however. 

If you prefer the legacy workflow, that is how you deal with it; via the Interpret Footage dialog box and "Colorspace Override" set to Rec. 709.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! That worked. Thanks for the help, Kevin.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, HDR workflow is not what most people want to do right now in late 2021. Very few clients will be asking for it any time soon. Still, nice to know it's there - but this post should help others that should not be stepping into the HDR minefield just yet. 🙂

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spot-on Kevin.

I work with a ton of colorists daily, a lot of communication. Very few pro colorists have ever delivered a show in HDR so far. There's a lot of questions to the ones that have, on how to navigate the ton of minefields to get this done right from any program.

But very few actually working at all in HDR yet. Some testing it, many haven't even tried testing any HDR yet. That's about it.

As there are still so many variables ... and most every device and app mods the HDR image a bit differently than others to 'enhance the viewing experience' ... and very few devices can actually hold color data above 450nits or so ... it's not a set thing to deliver to yet.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines