• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match Frame broken in Premiere Pro CC?

Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So match frame works in CS6, but in Premiere Pro CC, there are a couple odd things happening for me.  When pressing F the Source panel will exibits any one of a few different behaviors (seems entirely random):

1.  A black frame

2.  The correct clip, but not the correct (matched) frame.

3.  Occassionally the correct (matched) frame (usually only the first time I use Match Frame on any given clip in my sequence).  All subsequent Match Frame commands while on the same clip in the sequence will not update to match Source with Program, they'll either stay on the first matched frame for that clip, or go black.

You can still drag the audio (or video) portion from the Source panel to the timeline and it will be the correct portion of audio (or video), but actually "matching" a frame seems broken in Premiere Pro CC (again, it works in CS6).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick responses to our problem. Reflects very positively on Adobe overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not fixed for me either (Mac OS 10.8.4). As Jim said, sometimes it goes to the correct frame, but just as often it doesn't match. It seems to work for specific clips and not for others.

Edit: In what could be a related issue, I've set up a keyboard shortcut to “Add Clip Marker” to add markers directly to clips. It doesn't work on merged clips, however. Sometimes it even causes Premiere to freeze, requiring a Force Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same weirdness here with Windows 7 even after the update.  Sometimes it'll go to the right frame, sometimes it'll go to the wrong frame, sometimes it don't do nowhere.  Targeting or selection both tried.  Behavior seems random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, Hi everyone,

Can all of you submit bug reports so we can get to the bottom of this?

Form: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was premature in saying the problem was fixed. I now have more merged clips that won't match frame. bug request filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey kevin-

any eta on when this bug will have a patch fix?

This is a major problem in the current software. My workflow is a disaster right now.

In the interim, how would I find the source timecode of a clip in my timeline? Is there a way to get custom timecode display in the timecode window?

thanks,

greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exile1972 wrote:

hey kevin-

any eta on when this bug will have a patch fix?

This is a major problem in the current software. My workflow is a disaster right now.

In the interim, how would I find the source timecode of a clip in my timeline? Is there a way to get custom timecode display in the timecode window?

thanks,

greg

Greg,

First of all, sorry you're having trouble with this. At this point, you've filed your bug report, so I'll follow up with the Premiere Pro team to make sure they know about it. Unfortunately, I can't offer any specific time any bug can be fixed. Sorry.

For source timecode, check out the Timecode effect.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevin-

thanks for your response. I hope the PP team is aware that many productions (and in my work-all productions) now rely completely on secondary audio tracks and the merging of the video with the audio.

I'm currently working on a project with nearly four terabytes of media in which every single clip has been merged with secondary audio.

We need a fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi exile1972,

We have a bug logged on our side so we have the team looking at a fix right now. You and I have done all we can, all we can do now is wait.

Sorry for any invconvenience this may cause you.

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin-

I noticed this morning that there is yet another update to Premiere Pro. I've updated and sadly the Matchframe problem continues.

Can you please pass this information on to the Premiere Pro team so that the Matchframe problem can be addressed in the next update.

Thanks,

greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exile1972 wrote:

Hey Kevin-

I noticed this morning that there is yet another update to Premiere Pro. I've updated and sadly the Matchframe problem continues.

Can you please pass this information on to the Premiere Pro team so that the Matchframe problem can be addressed in the next update.

Thanks,

greg

Hi Greg,

Today was a Dynamic Link bug fix. No features or updates were done to Premiere Pro specifically. Sorry.

We do know the team knows about the bug as I verified it in our system. With the new CC delivery capability, hopefully we will see a fix sooner than later. Unfortunately, these things do take time.

Thanks for your patience.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin

I'm now becoming quite frustrated dealing with this issue in Adobe Premiere Pro. I've been editing for nearly 20 years. For most of my 20 years in editing, Adobe Premiere Pro has been considered a prosumer edit software. No post facility that I ever worked with had premiere as its main edit system due to its prosumer status.

With the release of CS6, Premiere Pro took a large leap forward to become a viable professional editing system. And now with the release of CC, Premiere Pro is on the cutting-edge of what these software systems can be in the future.

However, all of these advancements with Premiere Pro are almost made irrelevant if the basic functions of nonlinear editing do not work within the program.

The Adobe Premiere Pro team has been very wise in taking advantage of the deficiencies in the marketplace. Both Avid and Final Cut Pro are in a weakened state and therefore Premiere Pro has the opportunity to take marketshare. But in order for me to continue being an advocate for this program it needs to work on the most basic of levels-i.e. match frame.

I most definitely want to continue using Premiere Pro as my primary edit system as well as the entire family of Adobe programs but my patience is running out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7.

Works sporadically on single clips (MOV/H.264/MP4/Canon DSLR).  Works fine on the merged clips I've tried AVCHD/MP3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this is related but I updated my Sony Raw plugin as well as updating premiere and it fixed the problem for me.

Any chance that the files you're working with require an updated plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, that's still the case 🥲

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's still the case? This massive, ANCIENT thread actually had several issues over time.

How about starting a new thread with specifics of your problem, and we'll see if we can get it sorted for you?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cscooper2013,

It's working OK for me. Can you give more details about your case?

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem, too, much as others have described. I can add one thing, however. I've only noticed the problem when using native XDCAM EX footage. ProRes HQ footage, recorded at the same time on a Hypershuttle external recorder, (fed via SDI from the same camera), takes match frames perfectly. In the same time line, using the same technique. (For the record, using PPro CC 7.0.1 on a Mac Pro, OS 10.7.5., and I filed a bug report, too.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rar100, thanks for posting. The lack of forum posts in relation to this bug made me think that I was relatively alone with this problem.

PPCC has been updated again this past week and so I'm hoping that the bug has now been addressed but I haven't had a chance to test it out.

For the record, my problem showed up when I was editing with sony raw 4k files merged with audio wav files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 had an update, not CC.  That's still at 7.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jim-

thanks for the clarification. I just noticed that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've previously outlined a long list of all the features that don't work with clips merged within Premiere Pro.

No Match Frame.  No ability to make further subclips.  No out of sync indicators.  No proper replace edit functionality. Marker comments are not retained once you click on a different clip. 

I now sync my audio in the standalone PluralEyes 3 and "replace the audio", creating new clips that are duplicates of the originals except with the new audio, before importing into Premiere Pro.  This workflow gets around all the aforementioned limitations with merged clips.  (Many of these limitations are documented by Adobe in the Premiere Pro user manual.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i too wil continue to use pluraleyes as a workaround.

i think it's quite disingenuous of Adobe to tout it's new sync/merged clip functionality as a great new feature and not provide real support for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines