• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match Frame broken in Premiere Pro CC?

Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So match frame works in CS6, but in Premiere Pro CC, there are a couple odd things happening for me.  When pressing F the Source panel will exibits any one of a few different behaviors (seems entirely random):

1.  A black frame

2.  The correct clip, but not the correct (matched) frame.

3.  Occassionally the correct (matched) frame (usually only the first time I use Match Frame on any given clip in my sequence).  All subsequent Match Frame commands while on the same clip in the sequence will not update to match Source with Program, they'll either stay on the first matched frame for that clip, or go black.

You can still drag the audio (or video) portion from the Source panel to the timeline and it will be the correct portion of audio (or video), but actually "matching" a frame seems broken in Premiere Pro CC (again, it works in CS6).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone, Aaron.

Merge Clips = inconsistently broken

Match Frame = inconsistently broken

Sync on Audio = never had it before CC; doesn't work (for me) in CC.  Ever.

Subclips = inconsistently broken

That's off the top of my head.  In the past 4 months since the launch of CC, I've re-oriented my habits around the features which no longer work in Premiere, which means, I no longer follow the workflow of a professional editor.  What does that say about Premiere?  Maybe take the "Pro" off of the end of the name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for echoing the level of annoyance. I know Kevin has been good at trying to communicate with us and keep us informed as to the progress of this bug.

The question that pops up in my head is:

How can this bug be anything other than number one on a priority list of fixes?

I can't think of any feature more essential to workflow efficiency as Match frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is killing me, too.

Match-Merge clips issue is a world of pain, and I find it shocking that it isn't prioritised over new features - like the Speegrade integration [which also doesn't work. - if you are on a mac.]

The kick in the nuts with this release was realizing that I could no longer see (or render) waveforms in multicam clips.

It's maddening that Adobe pushes new features, without addressing the problems that really impact on day to day production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg Popp wrote:

I've previously outlined a long list of all the features that don't work with clips merged within Premiere Pro.

No Match Frame.  No ability to make further subclips.  No out of sync indicators.  No proper replace edit functionality. Marker comments are not retained once you click on a different clip. 

I now sync my audio in the standalone PluralEyes 3 and "replace the audio", creating new clips that are duplicates of the originals except with the new audio, before importing into Premiere Pro.  This workflow gets around all the aforementioned limitations with merged clips.  (Many of these limitations are documented by Adobe in the Premiere Pro user manual.)

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the trouble you've been having. Actually, there are already known issues about what does not work well with merged clips. Here is the link. It does look like there might be new things that are tripping users up and there is no documentation to let users know what is not working.

I'll speak to the tech writer to update this section so we all know what works and what does not.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there...

more then a year later I've fallen upon this problem as well. I have my proxy footage synched to audio as merged clips- I am working only with these merged clips. Match frame doesn't work correctly- it matches the clip, but not the i/o points.... It's frustrating.... Also- source patching for inserting/overwrite is not working.. When I un-patch my audio tracks- it still inserts the audio. Am I doing something wrong or does premiere have a hard problem managing merged clips?

Thanks

Alix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long ago I made the decision to sync my footage wholly within PluralEyes (standalone).  I export cloned clips that have the dual system audio nicely trimmed and added to the clip. Yes, it temporarily doubles your drive space requirements.  I import those clips into premiere.  No merging required, and everything works perfectly.  This won't help you here, but it's a great workflow for dual system audio in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until recently, I used Pluraleyes as well but with the last couple of releases I've found multicam clips and merged clips to work fine as well as the match frame aspect of those clips so unfortunately it sounds like an isolated problem to some systems and not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, really thanks for your help and the alternatives, but if I had to go through a third party I would just go ahead and do it on FCP X - Automatic reliable synching....

but I do wish someone of the STAFF will find a solution to my problem rather then just: "nah- doesn't work, my bad..."...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking in five years later and have the same issue. Match frame on my merged clips matches to the wrong frame on the right clip. I do have markers in merged clips. Very frustrating it’s been this long and the issue is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines