• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury Engine missing after nVidia Video Card up grade

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mercury Engine missing after nVidia Video Card grade  How do I get the new driver to run the Mercury Engine  ?

Premerie Pro CS  5.5.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, you might do better in the Premiere Pro Hardware forum with this.  I, or one of the other mods, can move it if you like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to early premiere pro... if you get not joy we can try somewhere else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your nVidia card has at least 1Gig of video ram, use the nVidia Hack http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629557 - which is a simple entry in a "supported cards" file, this is for CS6 and CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

It has 1GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>after nVidia Video Card up grade

Did you follow the instructions I posted to be sure your new card is in the list?

If you upgraded to a card that is not in the list, you must add it yourself or Mercury won't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Dell tells me they reinstalled the Fx4000 /FX3800 nVidia Quadro  drivers, it has been working for 5+ years so it should work now.., but, the Mercury Engine is blacked out >

I'll see how i go with the editing and effects etc and if it is too slow I will do a complete reinstall. in any case the Pro Dad Stabilizer needed manual rendering with the stabilizer anyhow.

thanks for your advice.

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I did eventually get NVIDIA Technical Service to fix the issue and the Mercury Engine was reinstalled easily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a happy ending, yippee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not want to update the driver.

CS5 is quite old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

The latest driver was installed by Dell and works very fast, but, in the project  setting it is blacked out.

I have had no need to upgrade Premiere Pro as the software is still very capable of working with high definition from our Sony HXR- NX 30 P and Canon 5 D mark II mov. H264 . files., it has just completed a 2 hour production of The Netherlands  would you believe.

It even feels as though I do not need the Mercury Engine at all ????????? , it does work on the Dell M6600 and it is similar in performance.

I just do not get it.

This Premiere Pro has completed 100s of high definition productions with no problems in the past 5-7 years and very few issues.

thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

Move it if you must,

Thanks

1.  Re: Mercury Engine missing after nVidia Video Card up grade

Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Bob, you might do better in the Premiere Pro Hardware forum with this.  I, or one of the other mods, can move it if you like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines