Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing color workspace and Lumetri color

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using Premiere Pro CC on Windows 10.  I've been going through the tutorials "Try basic video editing techniques" and got to video 4 which talks about Color Adjustment and the Lumetri Color panel.  I cannot find this - I don't seem to have a workspace swapper (I think it's called) but can get to the same thing through Window...Workspace.  I have a Color Editing workspace, but not one that just says Color.  If I choose the Color Editing workspace, I cannot find the Lumetri Color panel, and the workspace looks nothing like the one in the video (which is on a Mac).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Dont exactly remember in which version it was added but I think it was CC2015 (version 9)

But you need to upgrade in order to get that workspace.

We are now on version 11 (CC 2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Learnict,

What is the exact version of Premiere Pro (check from the help menu)?

Please attach a screenshot of the panels that you have under Color Workspace.

You may need to reset the workspace: in color workspace, click on Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering.  The version is v7.2.2.2 (33)

I don't have a Color workspace, only a Color Correction workspace that looks like this:

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont exactly remember in which version it was added but I think it was CC2015 (version 9)

But you need to upgrade in order to get that workspace.

We are now on version 11 (CC 2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video tutorial you are following is created in a newer version of Premiere Pro.

As mentioned by Ann, Color Workspace was introduced with version 9 and you need to update Premiere Pro.

Let us know if you have any other question.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both, I have upgraded to version 11 and it makes a lot more sense now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome & thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the most up-to-date version and when I try to use the color workspace, nothing shows up. It says it's "missing".

Video here:

NoColorWorkspace.mov - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Travis - this is a pesky little bug that luckily has a super simple fix.

Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout

This will fix it.  You can use this trick anytime you have something weird happen with workspaces, or if you just want to reset the layout to the default arrangement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi travisb35662258,

If the above suggestion (from franciscrossman) does not work for you, you can go to Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 12.0 > Profile > rename the Layouts folder to something like old-Layouts.

Relaunch Premiere and it should create the default workspaces for you.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines