• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Sequence Presets in PremierePro CS6

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trialling Premiere CS6 and there are loads of presets missing on the sequences! XDCAM, Red, AVCHD, Canon.... all missing! Any suggestions appreciated. I have CS5 and that's all fine!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem and tried lots including this cache file to no avail.  The cure was try starting Encore at which point Encore declared I had to enter a serial number or it would not work.  I did so and signed in.  The opened premeire and all the presets were back.  I had no idea while fiddling wth Premiere that elsewhere in the suite (ie Encore) it wanted a serial number.  So try opening encore instead and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happend to me also. I am running the trial version on two computers. Both have been fine up until right now. The Desktop runs fine, but the laptop can't open up the project I'm working on because of sequences in the project that are not defined in the broken version. I deleted cache.db to no avail.

Any other answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, deleting older versions and cache.db not worked. anyone from Adobe team answer us!! what kind of supporting is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a short solution on this problem:
http://schiho.com/2012/09/25/adobe-premiere-cs6-sequence-cannot-open/

It is not a fully fix, but it lets you work on your project, which cannot be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I know it's been a while but I have a found a solution that worked for me.

I also work for a company that doesn't allow direct connection to the internet but has an internal network and proxy.

When I installed Adobe Creative Suite and successfully activated it via offline method (or so I thought), I would only see six basic presets for premiere pro, and was missing full hd projects etc.

It seems that Adobe doesn't like network domains and was picking up web packets even behind the proxy; and refused to activate properly (the clue was Adobe Encore refusing to start).

What I did was open Adobe Reader (pure coincidence), click Help > Deactivate because the option was greyed out in Premiere, then completely shut off my network card* and clicked help > activate in Premiere. Restarted Premiere and everything worked fine...

Hope that helps.

* on Windows 7 :  Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings > Right click > Deactivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED ! , After installing, update the Premiere Pro CS6 , and VOILA ! all presets are presents, even the new ARRI presets were added , hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updating didn't work for me, and it hasn't for many other people either.

I have CS3 on the same pc which has HDV and XDCAM presets so I tried copying the XDCAM HD folder to C:Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Settings (after backing up the original folder). I changed the file extension from prpreset to sqpreset. Rebooted, but it didn't work!

I have read many forum articles about this problem, and my conclusions are:-

1. None of the Adobe fixes work. They may work for some people, but not on a permanent basis.

2. Why has Adobe chosen to stop something working that has worked since CS3 up to 5.5?

3. It affects both the trial and the full versions.

4. Unless Adobe or a third party fixes this problem they will lose a massive amount of revenue, and antagonise thousands of people. Less and less editors will choose to use PPro or stay with older versions that work!

Can I try installing PPro CS6 on a pc with 32bit XP OS just to check if all the presets appear? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Beginning with CS5, Premiere Pro is a 64 bit app and needs a 64 bit Operating System.

The solution is to make sure your software is activated.  Without that, you lose those presets.  So the questions becomes why do you keep losing activation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim for your prompt reply.

I agree that everybody loses activation, apart from the lucky ones like yourself. My question is why does Adobe need activation for certain codecs when it wasn't necessary before?

May I direct you to http://forums.adobe.com/message/4750588. I think it sums up the frustration that we all feel.

If all the files exist in the app, isn't the answer just to let us have them available to us? I would have thought a few lines of code would be the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are having trouble LeccyNeil,

Why is this happening now? It could be a number of reasons, unfortunately.

Please go to Help > Deactivate. Exit Premiere Pro.

Launch Premiere Pro and choose Help > Activate.

That should help.

I really don't recommend copy/pasting old codecs into a CS6 build.

Still having trouble, file a bug report: http://www.adobel.com/go/wish

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it has been happening on other people's installations since CS6 was brought out.

I can't deactivate because it is greyed out. Please read the link in my previous posting.

I reinstated the original codec/sequence preset immediately after the experiment.

I have tried all the Adobe fixes and many others. I think Adobe should face up to the fact that PPro and Media Encoder CS6 are not fit for purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't deactivate because it is grayed out.

That means it's already deactivated.  Which explains why you're missing those presets.  Now you need to activate.

(And it does happen to me sometimes, too.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines